What settings do u run games at?

I like to run every game I get my hands on at 1280 x 1024 with 2x antialiasing (was 4x up until yesterday, but I finally realized it's difficult to tell at that res and I get stupid fast frame rates with 2x on instead)

How about you?

like others 1024x768 and play with the settings until i get a smooth framerate. gf3 is capable but my 1ghz athlon isn't unfortunately.

dazzla on the other hand... dude plays at like 23422x19344 with all settings at hypermaximum and still gets 100fps

:s

New games 1024*768 all other settings off. Old games, like counterstrike, wolfenstein etc, I use max AA and anisotropy.

everybody has counterstrike!! I've never played it, is it really that fun?

like others 1024x768 and play with the settings until i get a smooth framerate. gf3 is capable but my 1ghz athlon isn't unfortunately.

dazzla on the other hand... dude plays at like 23422x19344 with all settings at hypermaximum and still gets 100fps

:s

he he- yeah i got a 9700pro after a recommendation from him..loved it every day I've owned it- looking forward to how fast the Grafix market will go end of this year...

i dont personally like it but hey..

what don't you like? I'll be honest, the first day I got the card I was angry as hell...the drivers sucked compared to the 4200 I had just removed and I was having strange problems...but I waited and ATi finally released some drivers that were on par with the detonators I was using..now everything's just peachy keen. I don't have any of the problems I had before and everything runs great. I get a higher 3dmark score with my 9700 with 4x antialiasing than 4200 got with none..so go figure.

I do miss some nvidia things and I hope the NV35 will be something worth looking at...it's an interesting little war in which my loyalties can switch at any moment.

lol i dont like counterstrike.. i meant to reply to your

but you snuck in another post before i could post mine :)

my next card is ATI for no other reason than I want a change

lol i dont like counterstrike.. i meant to reply to your but you snuck in another post before i could post mine :)

my next card is ATI for no other reason than I want a change

aahh- ok. :p

I don't care for counterstrike either.

yeah- ye old half life engine seems waaay to outdated to enjoy. It ruined 007 nightfire..I have to say the console version looks better-eeek. rotten programming. Does the console use the half life engine too? cuz it didn't look like it.

1280x1024x32 with all in-game settings maxed. EAX if available/not buggy. However, the card's FSAA & AF are off.

If you haven't tried it yet, there's no point checking it now... it's been a dying scene for quite some time now, but hey, I loved it when it was in it's peak :) Go for battlefield1942 instead... made by swedes ;)

dude cstrike still owns... but yes bf1942 is awesome too

anyway, i'd run it higher, but my flat panel won't go above 1024 x 768

so i run at:

1024x768x32 and highest detail on everything

for sound, i have crappy on-board stuff so i can only run at 16 channels (is that considered 16 bit? i still haven't figured that out) but next month i'm buying a nice new sb audigy 2 ^.^

most of them i play at 1280x1024 @ 75 hz... occasionally i'll have to drop it if its a particularly hardware intensive engine (or the game doesn't support the res)

some games come with a "use desktop display settings" setting... which is absolutely amazing on a dual monitor setup... need for speed is great at 2560x1024 :p

well, it's good to see that no one settles for 800x600 and below. those days are over. For some reason I just love 1280 x 1024- it's my desktop setting and game setting..I got a 19 inch sony trinitron monitor which I switched with my parents (I gave then my crappy 19 inch with it's bubbly screen and they still haven't noticed after a year) I built them a pc with an 1800 for free after I upgraded so I guess it's evened out.. :D I wanna buy a 21 inch trinitron but I'm not sure...It'd sure be nice to run at 1280 with a 120hz refresh rate..aah. I'm at 85hz now.

i alawys run them @ 1024x768 with 16XAF 2XAA ,,,on any game really and it didnt fail me till now :)

but i think i need to change my moniter very sooon (view sonic E40 14') :(

(view sonic E40 14') :(

:o yes youll be amazed when you invest in a new monitor.

as for me it really depends on the game. i go w/ the config that allows me to have the highest level of detail w/o sacrafice to frame rates. Never below 1024x768 tho