[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

In latest One piece manga, did anyone noticed luffy said " Zoro and Sanji can use haki "?

So it seems I had completely forgotten to watch the 4th episode of Gundam Unicorm. This didn't strike me even while looking around for episode 5! On the plus side this means I have two episodes to watch back to back :D

I should check out Appleseed too. Should I watch the OVA first or the Movie first? Or does the order not matter?

It doesn't really matter what you watch first since they're not part of the same story. The OVA is about their early years and not part of what the movies are about. You could somewhat see it as Ghost in The Shell. The series and movies have nothing to do with each other.

Oh, you only have 2 to watch? I'm going to watch all 5 of them in a row, haha :p

It doesn't really matter what you watch first since they're not part of the same story. The OVA is about their early years and not part of what the movies are about. You could somewhat see it as Ghost in The Shell. The series and movies have nothing to do with each other.

Oh, you only have 2 to watch? I'm going to watch all 5 of them in a row, haha :p

Oh right. Thanks for the info :)

On the second thought I should too. I don't quite remember all the details and it doesn't make sense to watch latest 2 back-to-back and then rewatch the entire thing again :p

^Haha, I ended up watching episode 5 right after downloading it as I couldn't wait much longer. Going to watch all episodes next weekend though. Episodes 5 was well worth it though. I've posted something about it in the "Gundam Discussion" thread.

I just read One Piece 668... Was it ever mentioned before that Zorro and Sanji can use haki?

Nope, IMO it was pretty lame way to reveal it. :/

I hadn't watched any anime in ages but ended up re-watching High School Of The Dead over the weekend and it really got me in the mood to watch more.

I started watching Fairy Tail a while back, got to about episode 27 and then stopped watching it, does anyone know if its got crappy now or if its still pretty good? Kind of want to start again and catch up :p

Today i watched the 5th Naruto Shippuuden movie. It was a bit of disappointment. Overall the Naruto movies haven't been that great esp in comparison to the Bleach movies. Speaking of Bleach, I've been catching up on the Bleach episodes (I stopped a couple of episodes after the Soul Society vs Aizen war) and I just got to the point where Rukia and Ichigo bids farewell (pretty touching episode). I'm a bit disappointed on the new looks of some of the characters esp Tatsuki and Orihime.

I hadn't watched any anime in ages but ended up re-watching High School Of The Dead over the weekend and it really got me in the mood to watch more.

I started watching Fairy Tail a while back, got to about episode 27 and then stopped watching it, does anyone know if its got crappy now or if its still pretty good? Kind of want to start again and catch up :p

Fairy Tail is still pretty good. Quite a bit has happened since then and a few new characters have joined in too. If you enjoyed it then you should consider continuing it :)

I haven't been keeping up with the Anime of Naruto or Bleach, as Naruto was in a filler area which has ended, and Bleach isn't doing anything while the Manga breaks more ground.

But, Damn the Manga version of both Naruto and Bleach are just crazy.

<p>I'm amazed with Bleach. For a while, things were looking sketchy about how the new arc was going to be... but after this last chapter, just wow. It looks like Soul Society just might end up losing some big named Shinigami...<br></p><p>Naruto is just staying on top of awesome. Really interested in what is going to happen with Sasuke and his brother.</p>

Fairy Tail is still pretty good. Quite a bit has happened since then and a few new characters have joined in too. If you enjoyed it then you should consider continuing it :)

I'll give it a watch then, think I still have the first 50 episodes or so on one of my external hard drives, thanks :D

I haven't been keeping up with the Anime of Naruto or Bleach, as Naruto was in a filler area which has ended, and Bleach isn't doing anything while the Manga breaks more ground.

<p>I'm amazed with Bleach. For a while, things were looking sketchy about how the new arc was going to be... but after this last chapter, just wow. It looks like Soul Society just might end up losing some big named Shinigami...<br></p><p>Naruto is just staying on top of awesome. Really interested in what is going to happen with Sasuke and his brother.</p>

Speaking of which do you remember which chapter the new arc started from? I'm referring to the one after the point at which anime stopped. I'm thinking of picking up the mange for Bleach but i'm not in a mood read it from the very beginning

I'll give it a watch then, think I still have the first 50 episodes or so on one of my external hard drives, thanks :D

enjoy :)

Speaking of which do you remember which chapter the new arc started from? I'm referring to the one after the point at which anime stopped. I'm thinking of picking up the mange for Bleach but i'm not in a mood read it from the very beginning

enjoy :)

By new arc, you mean this last and final arc,

the Quincy Vs Shinigami Arc!!!???? :p

Chapter 480. I would recommend reading maybe 478 or 479, as it will fill you in a little as to Ichigo, some of the "new" shinigami and such.

So, I finished the second season of Darker than Black. I?m kind of disappointed. It wasn?t necessarily a bad show, but it seemed to have very little to do with the first season. It was far more serialized, where as the first season was more episodic until the end. The characters from the first season only play a tangential role in the second and the plot, which seemed to be incomplete, didn?t have anything to do with the first season. I hesitate to say the tone was different, as it still seemed to have a rather serious feel to the series, but there was more fan service which runs at odds with that.

The 4 episode OVA tries to bridge the gap between the 2 seasons. So, I would definitely recommend you watch it to at least add some sanity to season 2?s plot.

I?m just having trouble understanding why they would go through all the trouble of trying contort this into a second season of an already established show when clearly this could have been its own original series.

By new arc, you mean this last and final arc,

the Quincy Vs Shinigami Arc!!!???? :p

Chapter 480. I would recommend reading maybe 478 or 479, as it will fill you in a little as to Ichigo, some of the "new" shinigami and such.

Yep that's the one. I'll start from chapter 478 :) I hope I'm not missing much by jumping straight into that arc right after finishing series.....

Yep that's the one. I'll start from chapter 478 :) I hope I'm not missing much by jumping straight into that arc right after finishing series.....

Na, just ichigo getting his powers back from everyone in soul society giving up a little of their power. He basically returns back to his power level of the last chapter where he beats Aizen. Also, He learns that soul society had intended on killing him if he didn't behave, which he basically says, " I don't care, they have their reasons."

Oh right. That was shown in the anime too. Now to begin reading chapter 478 :D

This new arc has the feel of the very first. It is very dark and with in the first few chapters, there is a MAJOR death. Everything looks very bleak for Soul Society... I'm loving it.

1st Devision vice dead , what a shame :( , those Quincy are sure bad-ass

Just finished watching "Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - The Egg of the King" and I will say it's mostly for those who are familiar with the original manga/TV series.

As I'd seen the original TV series, it did lack the detailed storytelling as the runtime is quite short at 75 minutes, should have been longer IMO but was just enough to get the point across. The human character movements being animated in CGI imposed on top of traditional animation could have been done without (Zodd looked amazing however :| ) but the general atmosphere with the background music/seiyuu voices was fantastic and the action during the epic battles was animated brilliantly (especially close-up shots with Guts attacking the enemy with his sword :woot: ) with loads of blood/gore and realistic decapitations :devil:

I was initially annoyed with Griffith's face looking more feminine from the trailer but his strong character was enough to overlook it. However, I was surprised with Casca being shown fully nude from the front (including down south), that is for an anime that is not classed as having ecchi/hentai elements :p

So with that said - I'd give it 8/10, I'm looking forward to the next movie (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad that there's no new episode of Eureka Seven: AO yet. Not sure what the reason is though.