[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Probably Yamamoto, he has abilities that we have yet to see (I would compare him to the #1 Espada really) but then again, so do like 60% of all the other Captains.

I think they are saving the rest of those captains to fight later on in the anime, at least those who don't fight in this arc. They're probably just saving them some interesting stuff for another arc, but I really want to see Urahara fight. When I saw Kenpachi I figured other captains would go and I was hoping for Urahara. We saw him fight Yammy a while back, but that was a complete mismatch lol

Hopefully we can see Urahara fight someone good.

Someone has a chunk taken out of the:laugh:h:

Radish?

Nicely p:p :p .

Scirwode

Ep 197 comes out tomorrow, I'm stoked!

I hope they just focus on one fight instead of doing them all at the same time like last ep.

I have a feeling that they'll show the Kenpachi fight mainly though, which is fine by me :p

Yeah, actually that's the fight I'm most interested in. I enjoy watching Byakuya fight because he's so calm and methodical, but really powerful as well.

I don't think he'll have too much problem with no 7, especially if Ichigo could defeat Grimmjow. Personally I think Byakuya is just as, if not more powerful than Ichigo is.

For anyone who's read the manga, does Ichigo learn to use Kidou techniques like 'White lightning' or something else later on?

I feel he can be a bit one dimensional..

He never does, and I've read up to the most current manga release. It's a trend I've noticed in quite a few animes. The main character always tend to have 1 or 2 staple moves. Like Naruto, and Ruroni Kenshin, is another example. Once they learn their "ultimate" move that's all they can ever use again. It's kind of annoying that they're never given any variety.

I think Byakuya might be as strong as Ichigo if Ichigo is not using his mask...back in sole society when they fought they were pretty even. It's hard to believe that all the characters would have major leaps in power like Ichigo. If he were as strong as vizard Ichigo in the sole society fight he would have kicked Ichigos butt.

Well, tomorrow is the day.

The episode will consist of just 1 fight really. Byakuya vs that other dude. That is if they stick to how the manga is. If you read to where we are at, the next episode should contain only their fight, then after that we get the science dudes fighting, then kenpachi's fight should finish off. Ahhh its going to be so great though.

He never does, and I've read up to the most current manga release. It's a trend I've noticed in quite a few animes. The main character always tend to have 1 or 2 staple moves. Like Naruto, and Ruroni Kenshin, is another example. Once they learn their "ultimate" move that's all they can ever use again. It's kind of annoying that they're never given any variety.

I think Byakuya might be as strong as Ichigo if Ichigo is not using his mask...back in sole society when they fought they were pretty even. It's hard to believe that all the characters would have major leaps in power like Ichigo. If he were as strong as vizard Ichigo in the sole society fight he would have kicked Ichigos butt.

That is sort of true, but most people fail to remember that while ichigo was saving rukia, the captains were not able to use their full powers. They were restricted from going all out.

All Ichigo really needs his is Getsuga Tenshou in Hollow form.

Byakuya IS as strong as Ichigo in Bankai form, not in hollow form though. I would venture a guess that Ichigo is as powerful as, if not more powerful than the 4th Espada Ulquiorra.

Yes shift. Me and a friend also agree as to how strong Ichigo is. We think he is in the same as the 4th. And that brings up another question. Who is going to fight Aizen if Ichigo isnt the one who can handle him...?

Aizen vs. Kenpachi would be good (in the last episode if I remember correctly, he did say he could take care of business alone in Hueco Mundo). Though probably would be the Captain Commander.

Radish?

I think they'll need a plan before they can take down Aizen, even the CC would be in over his head if you ask me.

If the manga is followed according to shakey, I'd love to see the whole Byakuya fight tomorrow, I'm most intrigued by that one.

Kenpachi shouldn't take too much longer on Nnoitra, especially because he got damaged against Neliel.

Kenpachi's fight is great, and really shows how much he plays around with his "food". The best fight out of these though will be Captain of the Science division. He does something so twisted its great.

That is sort of true, but most people fail to remember that while ichigo was saving rukia, the captains were not able to use their full powers. They were restricted from going all out.

They only had their powers sealed away in the real world but not in soul society, which is where Ichigo and Byakuya fought all out.

Yeah I believe you're right there.

Didn't they get permission to release their full powers in SS? I thought I remember that happening.

eh, maybe im failing in memory lol. I thought they were never released while in SS. They are always restricted unless told otherwise though. Would also make since, as I dont think they would want to go about demolishing their city over 1 invader. That, or we could just see it as they didnt expect a human to be as powerful, and where just thrown off by ichigo's power.

I think Ichigo beat most of them the first time just because they underestimated him so much. None of them knew he had bankai, even Byakuya didn't believe him until he was able to dodge senbonzakura.

If they were to meet again, I think Byakuya would do a bit better, although he did have Ichigo on the ropes for a while in his annihilationscape technique.

I doubt it would be the Captain Commander fighting Aizen. Brings nothing to the story and there's no twist in that.

I doubt Aizen would be beat conventionally. And with Tousen, I'm pretty sure there's more to his story than just defecting to the other side (maybe he knew what Aizen was planning the entire time hence he defected with him to help Soul Society in some indirect way?)

I don't know :p

Oh I doubt the Captain Commander would fight, it just would seem he's the most powerful of any shinigami in Soul Society. As for Aizen I agree with you shift, I don't see him being beaten by and power of force, or even a few people against him, I think they will have some plan or device/technique that would hinder him.

Remember around ep 150 or so when Grimmjow was taken to his knees just by Aizen's reiatsu which is insane because Grimmjow is quite strong himself. I'm not sure whether Aizen has some sort of additional control over the espada, but if he was doing that with just his reiatsu, he's way above anyone's abilities.

Nope, remember Ichigos fight with Abarai Renji in SS? He was talking about how much stronger he was compared to when Ichigo beat him in the real world. Because they aren't capped in soul society. They were going on and on about I'm 10x stronger than I was before..and then other would say well I'm 10x stronger than that and so on.

I think that somehow Ichigo will become the "King" that his hallow half keeps calling him and obtain some new ultimate power to fight Aizen. His hallow half had to of called him King for a reason.

Well, there is a lot of talk about the name Kurisake. Apparently there is rumor that ichigo's father was actually a part of the 5th hidden royal family. So Ichigo could definitely be of some royal lineage. There is a ton of history to the soul society that we have yet explained. And as for season 1, they gave a lot of hint into that usually only royal blood could obtain bankai with natural ease.

Yeah...but Ichigo had his bankai forced. It wasn't exactly natural, as far as I understood it anyways. His power comes from somewhere else I think, but I'm not sure where. If you've read all the current manga chapters you'd know about how the vizards came to be. So yeah Ichigo is unusual in more ways than one. I hope they explain before the end of the show and don't leave it hanging like a lot of animes do.

All Ichigo really needs his is Getsuga Tenshou in Hollow form.

Byakuya IS as strong as Ichigo in Bankai form, not in hollow form though. I would venture a guess that Ichigo is as powerful as, if not more powerful than the 4th Espada Ulquiorra.

who could that be ?? ulquiorra kicked the crap out of ishigo in his hollow form without using his real power

who could that be ?? ulquiorra kicked the crap out of ishigo in his hollow form without using his real power

Actually Ulquiorra says that Ichigo's reiatsu is constantly changing and when Ichigo is at his highest he out powers Ulquiorra's highest. Again don't know if its true, my friend who reads the manga avidly had told me a while ago :)

Just some other info from the manga Ichigo and Ulquiorra are just about to face off, Ulquiorra is just about to use his sword but they cut it (They go onto the captains' battle).