Windows 7 Build 6956 QnA

Eurgh, that's not nice. I look nothing like that...plus I have a face.

Any more changes the the Volume Mixer? From what I can remember there were some tweaks in 6801. Hopefully problems like this have been fixed:

Fullscreen%20capture%207122008%2003823.jpg Still same... Added some more info to the window title though.

Oh btw ppl, in case you didn't notice yet. I'm constantly updating the Screenshots gallery. Please comment!

Fullscreen%20capture%207122008%2003823.jpg Still same... Added some more info to the window title though.

Oh btw ppl, in case you didn't notice yet. I'm constantly updating the Screenshots gallery. Please comment!

Screenshots look fine to me, nice job.

It looks like they turned on the servers for the internet games that are included. I tried play internet backgammon and it was able to connect, just couldn't find another player.

It looks like they turned on the servers for the internet games that are included. I tried play internet backgammon and it was able to connect, just couldn't find another player.

Mine doesn't connect. Well I'm off to bed. PM/ask any requests, will upload them tomorrow morning.

1. Using it ATM.

2. Classic taskbar settings. Note how you can pin the taskbar properties (and many other windows) to the taskbar, useful if you change some settings all the time!

Fullscreen%20capture%207122008%2003122.jpg

Thankyou! This is very good news for me! I hate the new taskbar from videos I've seen of W7 so far, much rather something familiar.

Also, do you think it's possible that a Vista Aero theme would/could be developed for it? I hate the glassy taskbar look, plus alot of the other new glassy effects. I like it simplistic.

If you ask me, for the southeast corner Aero Peek they should scrap the semi-transparent borders, or at least set the opacity level of the borders to something really low like 25%. I agree with your comment about the borders potentially blocking out text on gadgets.

If you ask me, for the southeast corner Aero Peek they should scrap the semi-transparent borders, or at least set the opacity level of the borders to something really low like 25%. I agree with your comment about the borders potentially blocking out text on gadgets.

I honestly don't see what the point of the borders are

They're there so you know or have an idea of what windows are over what gadgets mostly. Plus this way it doesn't totally freak you out when you use it for the first time. If everything just went away people would probably freak out at first.

But they very well could add options to peak to have that on or off and so forth.

I thought they would no longer give Aero Glass to the maximized windows and keep the bar black

no, you have it backwards there lol. they said there would no longer be a black bar, but glass on maximized windows.

aww that sucks, i really think they should make the black bar, it is quite distracting to see my desktop desigins and my own background changing. I also am not a fan of the transparent taskbar. Now that it's so huge, if you have a game minimized its really distracting. By the way longhorn, you have not responded to my PM on aeroxp. I take it that you are not interested in it?

no, you have it backwards there lol. they said there would no longer be a black bar, but glass on maximized windows.

I actually prefer the black bar when maximized. It surprised me that behavior was removed in 6801.

I use that black bar to know exactly that my window is maximized - quickly and efficiently with just a glance. Now, I have to carefully look at the maximize button to know for sure (takes time to process the little maximize button).

I hope they make that as an option, rather than forcing something I am now very accustomed to. This black titlebar also helps those who use different (unofficial) themes that don't differentiate between non-maximized and maximized windows.

aww that sucks, i really think they should make the black bar, it is quite distracting to see my desktop desigins and my own background changing. I also am not a fan of the transparent taskbar. Now that it's so huge, if you have a game minimized its really distracting. By the way longhorn, you have not responded to my PM on aeroxp. I take it that you are not interested in it?

I didn't see it. I hadn't been on there in about an hour or so. I had to run an errand. Let me check.

I actually prefer the black bar when maximized. It surprised me that behavior was removed in 6801.

I use that black bar to know exactly that my window is maximized - quickly and efficiently with just a glance. Now, I have to carefully look at the maximize button to know for sure (takes time to process the little maximize button).

I hope they make that as an option, rather than forcing something I am now very accustomed to. This black titlebar also helps those who use different (unofficial) themes that don't differentiate between non-maximized and maximized windows.

It doesn't take effort to see the maximised button if you know what it looks like! That's ridiculous to say that!

I much prefer the idea of keeping the transparency when the window is maximised :)

Vista made me stop maximizing applications because I hate the black bar. I prefer the way it is now :)

I do too. You don't see the wallpaper change or anything move anyway. It is barely visible and not as transparent. :)