[PC] Use someone elses GTAIV save games?

I downloaded a save game for grand theft auto 4 off of gamecopyworld and put it in the save game folder but when

I go to load the game it says load failed check hard drive. How can I make this work??

What system are you trying to do it on? That may help people know how to answer you, and I can also move it into that section of the site so you can get more specific answers.

its running on pc. Thought i mentioned that but guess not. Hope that helps

The computer specs are

Intel core 2 duo E4300 1.8GHZ

2GB DDR2 ram

120gb Hard drive

1.5TB hard drive

Geforce 8600gts 256mb video

its running on pc. Thought i mentioned that but guess not. Hope that helps

I added PC to the title and will just keep it here in the Gamers Hangout for now. Hope someone has an answer for you.

Actually can I also suggest you just maybe ask someone here to upload their saved game for whatever part of the game you are looking for? Just an idea.

did u took the ps3 save?

(Yes there is a PS3 save on the net aswell)

so did u?

try looking for the PC one.

from what i can work out the PC save game is tied to your 'Windows Live' Gamercard, so even if you get a different savegame its not going going to work, the reason its tied to your gamercard/gamertag is that it tracks the achievments and online play.

Hope this solves your problem

I really just want to unlock all 3 districts if there is a way to do that

You probably don't want to hear this...but couldn't you just play through it? The second island doesn't really take that long to get to, and it unlocks the most.. :blink:

this game still has issues like right at the beginning you are waiting for roman to get out of the hardware store he calls you but for me I can't answer it because the phone freezes and everything around me disappears so its like just driving through blue and I can't beat it like that

this game still has issues like right at the beginning you are waiting for roman to get out of the hardware store he calls you but for me I can't answer it because the phone freezes and everything around me disappears so its like just driving through blue and I can't beat it like that

Wow that sucks! Have you made sure you have the most up to date video card drivers?

You probably don't want to hear this...but couldn't you just play through it? The second island doesn't really take that long to get to, and it unlocks the most.. :blink:

I got stuck somewhere on the second island, then I just gave up and sold the game.

I downloaded the patch rockstar released and the nvidia beta drivers and things seem to be working a little better. Well atleast it lets me choose my own graphics settings now.

from what i can work out the PC save game is tied to your 'Windows Live' Gamercard, so even if you get a different savegame its not going going to work, the reason its tied to your gamercard/gamertag is that it tracks the achievments and online play.

Hope this solves your problem

If this is true, a lot many gamers are going to be disappointed because ability to get your missions done over the internet was something special which was there with all previous PC versions of GTA.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a trainer to unlock everything?

My co-admin was working on making one but it turns out most of the values you need are locked out so you can't use trainers. Maybe someone will find a way around it, but at this point in time, it looks doubtful.

I can't believe they would go through all the trouble of locking down the game so that you can't use other save games or trainers. I can't even get a game I backed up that I created myself to work even from the same live id and computer

that would have been gta2 because I have owned every version after that and they all had some sort of obsticle preventing you from getting over to other parts until all the required missions were done

that would have been gta2 because I have owned every version after that and they all had some sort of obsticle preventing you from getting over to other parts until all the required missions were done

I loved GTA2 because i loved going for a Drive on a rainy Sunday afternoon and to ensure you weren't killed while passing through the territories you had to just load up a fresh game....

• 4 months later...

I use something called xliveless, stops GFWL loading, patches the game so trainers can hook in and such (no protected regions of memory), and gets rid of the save game lock (although apparently you can only use other users saves if they also use xliveless)