AV-Comparatives November 2008 report: only NOD32 worthy

I use Avira now and am glad to see a free option rated so highly.

AVIRA AntiVir Premium 8.1 is the version they use. Whether or not the added features in the paid version contribute to its score significantly is the real question for you.

AVIRA AntiVir Premium 8.1 is the version they use. Whether or not the added features in the paid version contribute to its score significantly is the real question for you.

...and Version 9 is in beta right now. But after it flagged most of my system files as infected with a HEUR.something I promptly uninstalled it and sent feedback to Avira.

I tried the new Kaspersky Internet Security thing and I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was just the mode I had it running or something, but I've never had so many annoying popups from another firewall/antivirus internet security suite before. I had to confirm the same thing some times as many as 10 times before it would stop asking. Really annoying. Oh well..switched back to Eset Smart Security, using the new beta now and it's great so far. (Y)

I tried the new Kaspersky Internet Security thing and I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was just the mode I had it running or something, but I've never had so many annoying popups from another firewall/antivirus internet security suite before. I had to confirm the same thing some times as many as 10 times before it would stop asking. Really annoying. Oh well..switched back to Eset Smart Security, using the new beta now and it's great so far. (Y)

put it on smart mode if you don't want the prompts.

or if you have it on manual, then you could get some very useful information from the prompts, which'll help you get rid of the repeat prompts. Most of the time it's due to inherited permissions.

so does this mean I should switch to Nod32 from Kaspersky? lol

no, benchmarks come up with different results every month. it depends on the functionality that you need.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Comodo would have to request to be tested. AVG is terrible imho.

they have to pay money in order to be tested

i used to use NOD but i switched to Avira Free. generally it gets a better score in all the online testing sites and it's free

Edited by PermaSt0ne