Is SimCity 4 worth $50?

Not really! :no: I "bought" SimCity4 and played it for like a half week or something (didn't like The Sims either, but many others do)... Haven?t played it since, but maybe if you're a real SimCity geek you'll think it's fun:D:D

Got it on the day of it's release on Jan 17th and played it solidly since. Still am...

I highly recommend it if you're interested in time-consuming peaceful constructive games. I'm wondering when expansion packs will be out, knowing I'll be buying them immediately too.

It's a great game if you're a SimCity fan. Your poopy MX card might strain a bit running it...

i have an mx and it runs perfectly fine on the highest quality settings.

The game is highly fun. The fun factor of the game is off the charts that you will find yourself playing the game for days on end and then playing some more after that. It's really hard to balance out your city at times but, once you start filling up the entire region, then the game gets more exciting... the cities basically run themselves.

I don't think my video card would slow it down that much. If my computer can handle UT2K3 then it can most defenitely handle Sim City 4 IMO. UT2K3 runs perfect on my computer the only problem I encounter is my CPU overheating which will be fixed this Easter when I get a Volcano 7+ for it. Thanks for all you opinions. I guess when I get some extra money I'll buy the game. Thanks.

yup pretty simple, you either like sims or you dont. For me it was definatly a plus in buying !

It's not anything like that simple. The Sims is the worst big name game I've ever played, seen or hear of. Simcity is one of the best game series there has ever been and Simcity 4 earns it's place in this series. Simcity has nothing to do with The Sims and liking Simcity 4 has nothing to do with liking The Sims.

It's not anything like that simple. The Sims is the worst big name game I've ever played, seen or hear of. Simcity is one of the best game series there has ever been and Simcity 4 earns it's place in this series. Simcity has nothing to do with The Sims and liking Simcity 4 has nothing to do with liking The Sims.

I believe was was referring to "Sim" games in general, whether they be The Sims, SimCity, SimCopter, SimGolf, SimTrailer Park, or SimGangsta. :)

Well, OK, but my comments still stand on the whole range of sim games. They are largely unconnected (bar gimmicks like MySim and use of the same currency to sucker the huge number of The Sims players into the others) and it's not a simple a case of liking the series or not.

SimGangsta ... what's that coming out? Or is that Vice City's new name? :D