Windows 7 (build 7000) making my router go nuts!

Thanks for the help Tim and Will :)

I have a problem myself where I can't use dual tuners, it recognises I have a dual tuner adapter but every time I record something and then go to swap channel it says I must stop the recording and shows that it's being recorded twice. Very strange!

Tim

Big thanks, I have now been able to resume MCE testing and I wonder if you could pass an observation on these three UK satellite issues please - clearly you are the man!

1) Although the red button (MHEG 5) stuff works on DVB-T BBC News, it doesn't on DVB-S BBC News.

Here there are old text type icons in the program bar of which the teletext one works (note the service has been withdrawn), but non of the coloured buttons work.

2) I can't get the transponder tune to find LUX HD (though it finds LUX SD), with the same machine hardware and software, DVB Viewer finds LUX HD no problem.

3) Last and maybe hardest, we need a way of introducing manually the parameters of a Free-to-Air channel where it uses unusual, but not illegal, PID combinations, i.e. for ITV HD.

Again DVB Viewer handles ITV HD perfectly.

Many thanks for all your commitment

Regards

dmcq

Intel DP45FC + BlackGold BGT 3540 Tuner

Attached DVB Viewer .ini files showing the PIDs for ITV HD and LUX HD

ITV_HD_ini.txt

Luxe_TV_HD_ini.txt

Thanks for the help Tim and Will :)

I have a problem myself where I can't use dual tuners, it recognises I have a dual tuner adapter but every time I record something and then go to swap channel it says I must stop the recording and shows that it's being recorded twice. Very strange!

Me too.

Compro E700 UK digital.

I've just tried the suggestions from this posting and although I'm not saying the tweaks wont make the LAN/Networking more efficient, it has not cured the problem we have been reporting with Windows 7 Media Centre and the Guide (EPG) making internet use unusable by almost completely gobbiling up all available bandwidth trying to send error reports.

From what I saw the problem with most people was slowdowns due to MCE - I posted the tweaks for the other poster, because with the router locking up chances are it was probably the same issue I was having on my D-LinkG604T.

Yes - this should be addressed in final version.

Thanks for the update Tim.

Are we to assume from your response that this and other Media Center issues definitely won't be addressed before the final version?

I can't really risk using the beta until it can fulfil my TV recording needs reliably which is a shame because the rest of the OS is shaping up so nicely.

KB962236 is now available on the Microsoft Download Center.

This update addresses an issue with regions that use in-band schedule data - primarily the United Kingdom and New Zealand - where in-band schedule data resulted in multiple and repeated crashes in mcGlidHost resulting in Windows Error Reporting (WER) attempting to upload the crash information. More information on this update is available on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962236.

Microsoft previously posted a workaround for this issue. After installing KB962236 we recommend reverting the workaround to restore full in-band scheduling functionality - see below for information on reverting the workaround.

To download KB962236, go to the following link appropriate for your system's architecture.

Update for Windows 7 Client Beta (KB962236):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...8d-b8157a858f80

Update for Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB962236)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...6f-203d8a07a76f

Reverting Workaround

We published an interim workaround for this issue which would disable all in-band schedule loading. If you implemented the workaround, you will need to revert this after applying the update.

To revert the workaround and re-enable in-band schedule loading:

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box and then click regedit in the Programs list

a. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\GLID

3. If DisableInbandScheduleLoading is present, right-click on DisableInbandScheduleLoading and select Delete

4. When prompted to confirm, select Yes.

5. Exit the Registry Editor

6. Restart your system