Server 2003 Software Compatiability

None at all, it is working great :p

One problem is that I cant add a new Dial up account, it just frezes after I type in the phone number :wacko: the modem was detected right, and looks like it is working :wacko:

...and WB4 doesn't work properly (I like things to look nice :p - its not really much of a performance hit at all anyway)

Really? It wouldn't install on a server? I'm shocked :blink:

And yes, i have a problem with Flash sites. It doenst seem to download the player itself. Does anyone know a way around it?

:huh: are you guys surfing around and using this like XP home edition? i dont get why you would want flash on a windows server OS..... besides diskeeper are their any real compatablility issues. Im mostly concerned w/ trend, adobe altercast, etc....

I can't seem to get IntelliPoint/Type installed, and WB4 doesn't work properly (I like things to look nice :p - its not really much of a performance hit at all anyway)

Same here with Intellipoint.

Microsoft needs to update the Intellipoint software so I can use my Explorer 3.0 properly. The software probably will work, its just the installer that says "no this isn't XP or less." That is my only beef with 2003.

Really? It wouldn't install on a server? I'm shocked :blink:

It installed, I just had issues about it not skinning the taskbar, and not skinning it after resetting - that was on Enterprise RC2, on RTM (we just got our copy in the mail) it works fine.

The amount of people using a Server OS on a workstation is truely scary.

I have come into a few applications that don't work on Server 2003 correctly which usually install some kind of service :(

Lol I know - incase you're wondering about WB, its because we don't get that much load on our systems (its a pretty small network) so it doesn't matter if its running it.

I think most people run it as a workstation because its got to be stable if its a server, and is the latest OS with the most bugfixes etc. The fact it doesn't come with all the crap XP does is a big plus for most users too, and if they're not paying for it, I'm sure they don't care.

I doubt the kernel differences are significant if at all. The real difference is just settings and services. If you change them, then you have the same as what they claim to be a "workstation" or "home" edition. XP Home is just XP Pro without the security settings and # of CPUs = 1.

Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, I'm willing to bet, would be the same has the workstation they were thinking about releasing with just the max IIS users not limited to 10.

I can't install Norton Systemworks because the installer sees "Server" and goes "oh no we can't be liable for that."