Official Macworld thread

It should be tomorrow at, I don't know, 1PM EST I think? I didn't look at the time, really, but usually it's 1 PM.

The rumours roundup at MacRumors is so incredible though, I bet 99% of the population will be deceived by this keynote :s Gosh, they can't introduce 10 new products at once!

As for myself, I'd be happy if they introduced new iMacs, a brief talk about Snow Leopard and iLife 09.

I think it's sad that the whole event is being overshadowed by Steve Job's illness and Windows 7. It's unlikely MacWorld will give us anything nearly as big as Windows 7.

I think it's sad that the whole event is being overshadowed by Steve Job's illness and Windows 7. It's unlikely MacWorld will give us anything nearly as big as Windows 7.

That's a matter of perspective.

I want to see a removable battery on the iPhone and more countries with the factory unlocked versions.

Andy Ihnatko said this:

1/3/09 7:05PM

First afternoon in SF and I have already dug up the coolest top-secretest Apple news of the year. I haven't even seen a RUMOR about this.

1/3/09 7:23PM

(I was told solely on a "be ready when it's announced" basis, so I can't even hint. But it immediately elicited a "NO WAY!!!" & happy grin)

Looks like there will be a big surprise at MacWorld. As for Andy, he's a pretty well known guy in the Apple community, so what he is saying is more than likely the truth :p

This is from his official blog:

I now have a piece of information that will put a big damned smile on the face of any Apple fan. Just a big, fist-pumping expression of glee.

No, I can’t tell you what it is.

Yes, I’m just a big no-fun jerk.

See, before I was told this thing, I agreed to go off the record. Then I was told that thing, and I immediately said that I took back what I said about going off the record because this was just too damned cool. But…a promise is indeed a promise. I wouldn’t even be saying this much if I hadn’t cleared it first.

Now what?

It should be tomorrow at, I don't know, 1PM EST I think? I didn't look at the time, really, but usually it's 1 PM.

The rumours roundup at MacRumors is so incredible though, I bet 99% of the population will be deceived by this keynote :s Gosh, they can't introduce 10 new products at once!

As for myself, I'd be happy if they introduced new iMacs, a brief talk about Snow Leopard and iLife 09.

it's at 12pm here at Montreal

I'm just interested in what direction they'll be taking with the Mac Mini.

Clearly, it will not be what I (and many others) want which is, basically, a headless iMac. The specs of an iMac without the built-in screen. Zero-percent chance.

I hope that they take the Mini from a horizontal machine into a vertically-standing type of mini-tower :)

Never even thought about that, but now you say it, it sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing if the Mini gets a LONG overdue refresh. I owned a 1.66GHz Core Duo mini and it rocked. Just REALLY needed better graphics!

I'm looking forward to:

1) Release date set for Snow Leopard

2) A netbook-type entry by Apple, or something to do with the Macbook Air (hopefully a bit of a price decrease, or a redesign to fit the netbook form factor a bit better.)

I'm still hopeful for a 32GB iPhone. My original 8GB one is in need of an upgrade :p

why would some need that :blink: , out of curiosity

Hoping for a new 24" iMac, black aluminium, Core i7, 9800 video 1TB Hard Disk, 6GB RAM. :cool:

9800 is plain old

a nv 260 would do some justice :)

I'm hoping for refreshed Mini's (or is it Minis?) and some new Cinema Displays. All I want is an iSight built in, none of that glossy / black border stuff.

That's your opinion. :)