Red Faction 2

i think i'm gonna get it too. i loved the first one, have there been any reviews of the second yet?

Check www.bluesnews.com

I'm not sure if there are any yet, but bluesnews has had reviews of other games pretty early. (I'd check for you, but the site is blocked by my job)

I have it right now for the PC...

It's good, really good... The graphics are stronger than the first, more stuff can be blown up.

Basically you play as part of a 6 man Special Forces Unit, that works for the Red Faction. They formerly worked for someone who had all of them killed off(there were 2000), except those 6. They are nanotech soldiers...

The weapons are much better than the first and there are a lot more of them.. I love how you can carry two of some of the smaller weapons and use each fire button to shoot a different gun.. It's fun reloading one gun with one hand and shooting oncoming enemies with the other. The first one lacked a lot of guns, this one doesn't at all.

Also another fun thing is it feels like the matrix. When you are shooting at a wall, pieces fall off like in the lobby scene in the matrix.

As for vehicles, I hear there are some good ones, just haven't made it that far yet. I have however controlled the guns on a ship, which was kind of fun.

Besides that, there are bot matches which are fun. It is like unreal tournament 2003, with better weapons. Like a laser gun that you can use to trace people and wallhack them legally :) I saw about 7 or 8 bot modes of play...

I haven't played that much of it, so sorry for not being able to give much of a review. I can however say that the weapons and gameplay are great, it makes up for the first one. Don't get me wrong though, the first was great but it lacked cool weapons(mainly due to the fact they had to keep it real for a miner).

A couple of other cool things though are the ability to carry three health packs for when you need them and the ability for your suit to heal you if you stay above the automatic health pack level for a few minutes...

A couple of annoyances though are that your teammates tend to kill you quite a bit in some parts, like this part where you have to destroy a control room and one of the guys will blow it up and either kill you with the explosion or the door will get you as it is blown off. You have to be out of the way for it and they are not smart enough to understand that and it seems glitchy at times with some jumps and movement, where you won't be able to go where you want to go for a second or so.

Overall it's good, worth the money.

:D i played it for xbox at my friends and LOVED it. i have the 1st one for pc and it was a pretty bad port. i hope they do a better job with this one. :) gonna go and pick it up either today or tomorrow. i'll let u know how it is

well it had better b better than the original cos apart from being able to destroy walls n stuff i thought it was a poor game!

Al

what didn't you like about it? it may not have been the best storyline, but the graphics were good, the geomod was tight, the weapons were fun, and you got to drive/fly lots of stuff (the submarine was a blast). i had so much fun playing the first one.

i didn't know they were coming out with a pc version of rf2!

someone told me console only and i was :cry: because the

first one was sweeet.

hehe, no worries mate, the pc version is OUT!

i love the pics in your sig, i have taken some very similar ones. did you take those yourself? what is the location?

Actually the first Red Faction originally came out for pc, it was later ported for the psx.

No. It was developed at the same time for both the PC and the PS2.

No online = can kiss my ass. If I got it for anything it'd be my GameCube, but I doubt I'd even get that... What's wrong with these people?! No PC online play?!

lol, I agree, somewhat... If it's AMAZINGLY GOOD then I'll deal... But there's really not many reasons to not have an online function of FPS games now.

America's Army is freaking free and it's online only... Get it right, developers :p

don't waste your time.

maybe console version was good

but PC version is crap.

i beat it on easy in under 5hours..in one sitting.

the only replay value is once you beat it on medium and hard you'll open more concept art pictures.

there is no multiplayer other than bot match.

gfx are below avg. some textures are acceptable, rest is complete crud.

aiming feels very wierd..there is no presision like in "normal" pc games.

don't waste your money on this game. and even if you can get it for cheap/free don't waste your time.

better get Vietcong. it's much much better

:o what!?!?! no online play? there is just no exuse for that. lucky i was lazy and didn't go and get it today. it would have been going back right away. what were they thinking!??! there is just no exuse for no online play in a fps

i didn't know they were coming out with a pc version of rf2!

someone told me console only and i was  :cry:  because the

first one was sweeet.

hehe, no worries mate, the pc version is OUT!

i love the pics in your sig, i have taken some very similar ones. did you take those yourself? what is the location?

yep, i took them myself. i put the wrong picture for my sig, lol.

they were taken in hollywood, florida. cheers :D

:o what!?!?! no online play? there is just no exuse for that. lucky i was lazy and didn't go and get it today. it would have been going back right away. what were they thinking!??! there is just no exuse for no online play in a fps

Actually, I think Unreal II had somewhat of an exuse with Unreal Tournament 2003, but I'm still upset that didn't have multiplayer... I may have actually bought it then. If there's an expansion for it that would add multiplayer, that'd be awesome.

yap it has no realy multiplayer

it only has bots in multiplayer, no online play.

Actually, I think Unreal II had somewhat of an exuse with Unreal Tournament 2003, but I'm still upset that didn't have multiplayer... I may have actually bought it then. If there's an expansion for it that would add multiplayer, that'd be awesome.

:p i'll give u that. actually i heard the reason they released ut2003 as cuz there was gonna be no mp on u2. but for red faction 2, there is no exuse

>but PC version is crap.

>i beat it on easy in under 5hours..in one sitting

that's sad I installed, spent about 3 minutes with it ....it is funk junk...it's uninstalled and trashed