Red Faction 2

taken from IGN

Lasting Appeal

Botmatch is more than some games have, but no multiplayer and an exceedingly short singleplayer campaign, despite how enjoyable it is, just don't cut it.

:p i'll give u that. actually i heard the reason they released ut2003 as cuz there was gonna be no mp on u2. but for red faction 2, there is no exuse

That's what I meant... There truely is no exuse for RF2. The original had such amazing multiplayer. Whhhhhhhhhhhhy?!

:( we can only hope they will make some kind of multiplayer patch

Oh man, I wish, but I doubt it. If they did I'd get it just for that. But, there's not even any net code (broken or good) in it, so there's almost no chance of it. It'd cost a ton of money and the patch would be huge.

Oh man, I wish, but I doubt it. If they did I'd get it just for that. But, there's not even any net code (broken or good) in it, so there's almost no chance of it. It'd cost a ton of money and the patch would be huge.

System Shock 2 was released with no netcode and then the patch was only 5mb and added mutiplayer features :), its not very hard to do that

,Apr 12 2003, 18:02] System Shock 2 was released with no netcode and then the patch was only 5mb and added mutiplayer features :), its not very hard to do that

Actually, there was some amount of netcode (though broken) in it. And we're talking about a new game with a hefty engine size... That's a no-no. The developers wouldn't bother with it, either.

Hmm, I just saw the PC version is only $25, I don't know if I can rag on it that much... But, still, it's short (from what I hear) and isn't all that good in SP. It'd be better getting an older FPS like Undying for cheaper.

:p well i decided "why not?" and went and go it. i'm still so dissapointed there is no multiplayer but the single player is still great. sooooooo much better than the first one

:p well i decided "why not?" and went and go it. i'm still so dissapointed there is no multiplayer but the single player is still great. sooooooo much better than the first one

Well, that's not that hard. ;) (To beat the original's single player.)

some of us could give a flying crap about online play. I dont feel the need to have to put up with 12 year olds who cheat constantly, feel the need to spam up the messages with insinuations that i am my own father, or to be told that i am gay. Some people enjoy it, i dont.

some of us could give a flying crap about online play. I dont feel the need to have to put up with 12 year olds who cheat constantly, feel the need to spam up the messages with insinuations that i am my own father, or to be told that i am gay. Some people enjoy it, i dont.

Yes, cheating IS annoying online. But is it really THAT bad? Nope... If it is, just join another game.

Yes, cheating IS annoying online. But is it really THAT bad? Nope... If it is, just join another game.

I can see your point about that, but after 6 years of it, i got sick of the crap. I only now play with people i know, and thats usually over a lan every weekend.

:( ok, i'm stuck and if anyone can help that would be cool. i'm at the part where u get the mech suit. i've gotten to the point where u have to get out of the mech suit and blow a hole in the wall, go through and then plant a bomb on the communications tower. then after that i am at the part where u go out and to the right and there is a tower there and i can see a door at the top of it but no ladder up. close by there is a jeep with no wheels, it is on cinder blocks. all the doors are locked and i can't blow holes anywhere to continue on. i've run arround everywhere but can't find where to go now. can anyone help me? thx :D

I can see your point about that, but after 6 years of it, i got sick of the crap. I only now play with people i know, and thats usually over a lan every weekend.

i totally agree, and am in the same boat.

i played almost strictly multiplayer/online games for about 5 years (up until about 2 years ago) and i just got sick of it. it was cool at the beginning, but not anymore.

Any FPS on computer that doesn't have online play doesn't deserve to cost more than free.

Splinter Cell was FPS game and didn't have multiplayer, you saying that game was crap also, but i agree with all you guys yet, this game sucks because of lack of online play. Its not like they never had it in other versions either, 1st one had it so why not the 2nd one. And who here wants to play against bots all day long, oh so much fun.

I had a lot of fun with this. Finished it a few days ago, and I have to say it was fun. It does loose marks for no multiplayer, but other then that, its an easy fun ride.