Aniso on 9700 in games

I just noticed that I truly cannot tell a difference betwixt performance aniso and quality aniso when playing games...at 16x performance there is only a few hundred points of a 3dmark hit(3dmark2001) and everything looks great. 16x quality seems drop framerates a bit I think..anyway- do those with 9500s or above use performance aniso or quality. I know quality must look better, but damn...I can't tell, so works for me!

The thing is that quality setting uses tripple buffering, and it can be noticed on some places because the Filtering is done smoother as distance increases. I used quality but since its hardly noticable I switched to perfomance, too.

I love the Aniso and AA on the R9700 Pro. You got to love those smooth edges and sharp textures :D

I love the Aniso and AA on the R9700 Pro. You got to love those smooth edges and sharp textures :D

I 2nd that! yeah..I just can't see the bilinear line when I turn on performance..16x seems to be far enough that you can't tell..I've been looking for it in Mafia, Ut2k3, GTA 3, NOLF 2, and I just can't see it...

The only games that make it apparant are Giants and Deus Ex..but they do the exact same thing with quality aniso...it's a driver bug.. The nature demo in 3mark 01 did the same thing..looked TERRIBLE!! but with the 3.2 drivers it went away...it's just in the drivers...