Favorite new hotkeys

Speaking of hotkeys, I hope the behavior of Win-E can be changed a little before the final release.

It would be nicer if it opened a new Explorer window every time you let go of the E key, so you could open several before changing the folder.

Does my favourite hotkey - Win+Break - still work?

Just in case you're on a laptop, most of them require the Fn key (or whatever the laptop uses for additional function key support) to get it to work, so it turns out to be...

Windows + Fn + Break/Pause

That's what I have to do on all the laptops I've ever used, so...

But yes, it still works, quick way to System Properties, etc; one of my most used ones actually, always has been.

Is their a shortcut for Show Desktop and Restore Windows?

I know their is Win + space for the pseudo-show desktop, but I can't fidn any to restore the desktop once you have minimized ALL windows.

Thanks

If you purposely minimize all the windows (like one at a time or whatever), the old Win+D key doesn't help, nor will Win+M, etc or any combinations I've found. Purposely minimizing them all individually isn't something you can restore/undo except on a window by window basis.

Win+D is still the fastest true "minimize all" and again to restore, but it doesn't affect individually minimized windows at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I've just noticed this one on 7048 build (dunno if it worked before)

Ctrl + Shift + F9 turns Aero on/off

No, it doesn't work on the public beta. I have no use for it anyways, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Win+Plus, and Win+Minus are nice, but the magnifier has a few problems:

First, it's very slow to start if it's not already running.

Second, it causes ghosting of the mouse cursor.

If they can address these two issues, it'd be great to have.

I used to like Win Spacebar, but I've lost that feature for some unknown reason. Aero still works fine as does everything else, but not Aero Peak, Even an upgrade install to 76077 didn't bring it back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite shortcuts are:

Win + 1, Win + 2 etc to launch programs

Win + Space Bar to view your desktop

Win + P for multiple displays

Win + Arrow Up/Down/Left/Right

Win (+) + and Win (+) - for magnifying

At this moment Win+ +/- to start the maginifier because it's the first time we have been able to color invert the whole screen (I think) since OS X (still superior) has had it for some time now.

I found another one. On the desktop if you hold Ctrl and scroll up and down with your mouse wheel it re-sizes your desktop icons.

• 2 weeks later...

for people without the function on their Keyboards.. is their a hotkey for Muteing all sound yet ?

My old keyboard used to have a button for this, but my new one dosn't.