Photoshop CS4 with Windows 7

Installed fine on x86 and x64 however on both there was the issue for me when resizeing the winodows (also in dreamweaver) the menu items would dissapear and only by hovering over with the mouse would the text appear. Compatibility mode had no effect either way.

I had the same issue. It came up after i screwed my system with all the iso emulation softwares(poweriso, magiciso, virtual clonedrive). Whatever I did after a failing CS4 installation, i couldn't fix it. Tried to delete temporary files, registry files,redownloaded the trial package.

Reinstalling a clean windows 7 did the job for me.

I had some weird issue trying to install it and windows had to disable something for it to be able to install... I cant remember what it was though. Other then that it works perfectly.

The trial version installed on 32 bit Windows 7 without problems. Crashed once though while trying to export a rather large PNG (the very first time I tried that on this installation). But been working fine since then.

• 1 month later...

Excuse the bump, but when I run the setup.exe for the trial, is just gets stuck in the processes, without actually installing something.

Done the register thing, Ive tried all windows 2000+ compability modes.

All without success, so what should I do to make this work? =/

Build 7068 x64 by the way.

I tried installing Photoshop CS4 and a Dreamweaver trial from Adobe and both get started, setup.exe is in the task manager but then nothing ever happens again, i checked some logs and it looks like bootstrapper never initiates but what the hell would I know.

Everything worked before with 7057 but not now with 7068.

Only thing I found was when trying to install it on Win7 it would complain that it didnt have Framework 2.0 or something and said I needed 2gb ram (when I had 2gb). But I ignored the problems and it installed and works fine and dandy.

However only thing I have noticed is that it no longer picks up my Canon scanner in the import menu. I have to use Win7's AWFUL scanning application to scan anything.

I tried installing Photoshop CS4 and a Dreamweaver trial from Adobe and both get started, setup.exe is in the task manager but then nothing ever happens again, i checked some logs and it looks like bootstrapper never initiates but what the hell would I know.

Exactly, its very frustrating!

Photoshop CS4 and Win 7 build 7068 works great here.

I think the installer is bugged. It said that Photoshop CS4/CS4 x64 didn't install, but I could start Photoshop CS4 from the start menu? LoL!

I installed CS4 Master collection on 7057 with no problems. When i upgraded to 7068 windows setup told me Encore may not run in the future.

so far no problems though.

CS4 simply sucks... the cursor always lags behind, even with a simple 0 layer pic and a normal brush.

The acceleration mode does slow it down actually even more.

And on top of that, adobe thinks the europeans get their money out of trees... simply look at the price difference from the u.s and the europe versions...

They should fix that, and massively lower the price. Today every skinner and hobbyist uses a warez version, cause the low-budget version simply lacks the needed features...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CS4 installed fine for me on x64 7068, all except that 3rd party filters don't show up, even though they're in the correct folders.

I installed Photoshop 7 and third party plugins work in that folder though.

I've tried installing Photoshop CS4 on both W7 7100th build; x86 and x64.

At first, I was using 7100 x86 Photoshop didn't work with it (I have tried 2 different installing ways.)

Then I installed Windows 7 7100 x64. Photoshop works well on it. (No-need compatibilty mode)

• 3 months later...

I tried it on to RTM and it doesn't work for me (both 64 and 32 bit).. Task Manager shows me that the Photoshop.exe process is running but no windows open.

EDIT: I just restarted my system and tried running it again.. same.. but after 2 mins it suddenly opened :happy:

Photoshop CS4 does qork on Windows 7 Beta 32bit and 64bit, just install in compatibility mode. :)

There is no need to run it in compatibility mode at all. I had it installed on 7100 and now RTM and it works fine on both.