Windows Server 2003 & Symantec AntiVirus Corp.

Since I've upgraded my server to Windows Server 2003, the LiveUpdate from Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition doesn't work anymore, while I have the same settings for it as I had in Windows 2000 Server. It can't connect to the LiveUpdate servers. Does it have something to do with Windows Server 2003 or is simply the LiveUpdate system down? I have this problem for a few days now, and it's really annoying, since AntiVirus Server serves the complete network with new virus definitions.

Live update always causes problems. It's the worst thing about Symantec products. I had the same problem after install it in 2003. You need to delete the entire folder that contains liveupdate's files(C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate). Then download the latest version from Symantec's site and install it. Make sure you delete the entire folder of files first though, or it will still give you problems

• 2 weeks later...

The live update service is definetly up and running (manually downloaded some updates earlier today). You might try uninstalling SAV and re-installing... SAV 8.0 works fine for me on Win2k3. I'm not sure if the earlier versions of NAVce work on Win2k3 though...

What version of SAV are you running?

The live update service is definetly up and running (manually downloaded some updates earlier today). You might try uninstalling SAV and re-installing... SAV 8.0 works fine for me on Win2k3. I'm not sure if the earlier versions of NAVce work on Win2k3 though...

What version of SAV are you running?

Version 8.0

Are you running it in "Server" mode or in "Client" mode?

Ok, the problem gets even weirder. I can't even browse to www.symantec.com or even ping to that address from Windows Server 2003. In all the other Operating Systems in the network I can.

didyou add the website to win2k3's allow list?

it doesnt let you go to any websites w.o first allowing them

i get a popup telling me that a site's blocked whenever i visit a site and i usually add it to the list of trusted sites.

didyou add the website to win2k3's allow list?

it doesnt let you go to any websites w.o first allowing them

i get a popup telling me that a site's blocked whenever i visit a site and i usually add it to the list of trusted sites.

Of course I did that. Even when I set security to "Low" it doens't allow me to surf to www.symantec.com. And besides; I should still be able to ping that address. And I can reach the site using it's IP, so there's something wrong in the DNS of Windows Server 2003.