Windows 7 Sticky Notes - Everything the Notes Gadget wasn't!

I love the new sticky notes, is there any way to get it working in Vista?

Yes, but you have to download this program.

If you go under Windows/system32 Vista has stickNot as well but it has a bit different purpose. Go check it out.

Except it looked like an adopted XP child:

post-99705-1231803613.png

That's a great post! It convinced me to delete the notes gadget I downloaded in favour of sticky notes.

NoteZilla by chance?

Yeah, this new sticky notes feature is a real plus. Hopefully it's in lower end releases and not just Windows 7 Ultimate.

Most of the functionality was available in Vista's gadget like multiple notes in different colors all over you desktop with multiple text sizes and so on.

They should implement it back as resizable Gadgets, IMO. Having taskbar thumbnail previews really is silly because as gadgets, you could actually see all notes by just hover over the Show Desktop button!

I would appreciate a feature to change the font! Yes, the font is nice but I think it takes up quite abit of space. :p Otherwise the Notes in 7 is really well implemented.

Windows 7 StickyNot is joke compared to Ubuntu StickyNot and btw MS StickyNot icon is exact same like Ubuntus which is around for 3-4 years now. What's good about Note in Ubuntu is that you can type in word and link to the same word in any other Notes you have. As I said it's far superior.

A quick solution for those who want the Notes gadget installed on Windows 7:

In Vista, go to Program Files > Windows Sidebar > Gadgets

Copy the Notes.Gadget folder to somewhere you can access it in Windows 7

Copy/Paste that folder into the same directory under Windows 7

Go to the Gadgets application and it will be listed there

It works perfectly for me. I personally like it as a gadget and not as a separate application. If anyone needs the folder, I'll upload if it's alright to do so. :)

• 4 years later...

How I download this app?

You can get it by if you have Windows 7, it is in the start menu under accessories.