Counter-strike resolution

Just wondering what resolution you guys play cs at. What are some advantages and disadvantages of a lower or higher resolution? Does a lower resolution make you bullets hit more?

the only advantage a lower resolution will give you is higher frame rates. Anything above 30 - 40fps is fine and shouldn't affect your aiming.

Screw counter strike. Play Quake3 Mod - Urban Terror. Kind of the same but hell of a lot better. After playing this, CS seems like a childs game. lol

Try it out though. It's a lot of fun and a ton better IMHO.

Edited by nicedreams

I recently changed from 800 x 600 to 1024 x 768, i would have done it before but the text is too small on 1024 x 768 but then i just thought, sod it i don't wanna read any of that anyway :)

I've heard from a few somewhat hardcore clan CS players that they play at lower resolution (640x480) since it offers somewhat of an advantage having to do with the physical size of the models on the screen (although this never really made sense to me since at a lower resolution you will just have fewer pixels in a model of the same size). Anyways, I still play at 1024x768.

i haven't felt the need to go above 1024. and how are you people playing cs with anti-aliasing anyway? the text comes out all blurry and ****.