Is Half-Life 2 Coming Out Soon

So with all of the rumors swirling around the release of Half-Life 2, if it is going to happen at the end of this year or not, do you think it will be? Nvidia and ATI had hinted awhile back that something big was going to come out by the end of this year and there were certain postings on Valves forums that suggested the same. And now Edge magazine comes out with this advertisement, which just ads fuel to the speculation. Does next month mean the E3 show where they could announce that the game is in production? What do you guys think?

I would have to say that is for Half-Life after all of the rumors going around, unless if that is going to be an advertisement for a new line of crowbars. I probably won't believe it until I hear it, but this advertisement is keeping me in suspense. They said on Planet Half-Life that PC gamer may have some coverage on it, I am going ot get it. After all these years they finally may be making it, it is good news.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...6&t=70677&st=45

See my thread.... It has a tad bit of information on it. I've been suspecting this for a while now. They've been saying HL2 is supposed to come out by the end of this year, so it'd only make sense to be at E3 and have big name magazines show it off around the same time, maybe a bit earlier, to get tons of publicity and sales.

lol, what is it, like a decade later now?

they really better have something good up their sleeve, or it's gonna be like daikatana

lol, what is it, like a decade later now?

they really better have something good up their sleeve, or it's gonna be like daikatana

I highly doubt it will be bad. This is Valve, their only game was amazing. Even if it just had better graphics it'd be great. Plus, you have to expect the mod makers they picked up are adding their mods to the new game with the possiblity of them being in the full version when it's released. Valve is not dumb.

Do you guys think if they are going to release it, will they be using their own engine or do you think they will be using a modified game engine?

Personally I think if they had started programming the game awhile ago I think they are going to use a modified Quake 3 game engine like many other successful games, i.e. RTCW, Alice, MOHAA, JKII, and others. Unless if they use that engine they supposedly were making for Team Fortress 2. Valve has not really been working on a project for awhile now so it makes me think if they have been keeping us in the dark for so long, will they just spring it on us?

they could be dumb, we don't know yet.

just better graphics and more mods won't be enough to make me happy. i can get all that right now.

I think Valve will win mine ;) IMO, iD isn't as good as they once were.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was good. Man, if they say they are going to release Duke Nukem Forever I am done for. I will be broke. :D

I think ID's going to wow again, just haven't released a game of their own, really since Quake III Team Arena (everything else has been by another developer.) And with Half Life 2, we'll get it when we get it (my completely non-educated guess is next year).

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was good. Man, if they say they are going to release Duke Nukem Forever I am done for. I will be broke. :D

Nerve and Grey Matter made RTCW, not iD. And, IMO, it sucked. Boring as hell. Just like the original, no improvement except graphics... Nothing cool in the levels. Nothing besides go to end, find hidden area (sometimes), find documents out in the wide open (sometimes). No strategy at all. Boring.

I think ID's going to wow again, just haven't released a game of their own, really since Quake III Team Arena (everything else has been by another developer.) And with Half Life 2, we'll get it when we get it (my completely non-educated guess is next year).

Oh yes, what a great note to end on.... Quake III and Quake III: Team Arean ;)

Oh yes, what a great note to end on.... Quake III and Quake III: Team Arean ;)

yeh QuakeIII is such a terrible game...

such crap netcode and the engine was so behind the times when it came out....

:rolleyes: