Is Half-Life 2 Coming Out Soon

:laugh: thats def for half life 2. i mean what other game or what other ANYTHING would you associate a crowbar w/ other then bashing out the skull of an alien in HL?

And i HIGHLY doubt that the game will be released this year. Their has been no teasers, no PR, not anything for it until now. And if they want to make the money they made on HL then their going to build this up properly, like they are for Doom III. If any game deserves the hype other then Doom III its gotta be HL. thats just my opinion

:laugh: thats def for half life 2. i mean what other game or what other ANYTHING would you associate a crowbar w/ other then bashing out the skull of an alien in HL?

And i HIGHLY doubt that the game will be released this year. Their has been no teasers, no PR, not anything for it until now. And if they want to make the money they made on HL then their going to build this up properly, like they are for Doom III. If any game deserves the hype other then Doom III its gotta be HL. thats just my opinion

You never know, it could be one huge suprise and they have been keeping us in the dark for years! And who needs PR with a game like Half-Life. They could release it tomorrow and like a million copies would get sold by people without seeing screenshots, movies, etc. first :D. Like when they annouced they were making Doom 3, at that point I knew I was getting the game reguardless of what it looked like.

the first HL was barely hyped and was released the same year when the first screen****s were showed

,Apr 15 2003, 18:35]

the first HL was barely hyped and was released the same year when the first screen****s were showed

yes but they werent expecting HL to define what future FPSers were going to be all about. That was also what 5 years ago? Marketers have learned the longer they hold a title and the great hype it receives the more copies they sell. They have set such a high standard and sold so many copies i believe they are going to go about this the right way. This is about $ and to get the most $ you need to market your product. There's no way they can release a game the caliber of HL w/o at LEAST a year of hyping and teasers. It doesnt happen in this day anymore. I dont see why they would be hiding this info from us. it doesnt make sense from a marketing standpoint.

If anyone would have a good word on it, it would be Rich Laporte and the Gone Gold crew at www.gonegold.com.

I doubt HL2 will be out anytime soon. We still don't have TF2.

,Apr 15 2003, 13:35] the first HL was barely hyped and was released the same year when the first screen****s were showed

I was working at Egghead software when I first heard the details about it. I had a feeling it was going to redefine the FPS genre and I was right. I remember teling my gaming customers to keep an eye out for it.

In case of Halflife, a surprise announcement with a batch of uberscreenshots (at least I expect that) would generate enough hype whereas other game titles would need to push the marketting machine.

yeh QuakeIII is such a terrible game...

such crap netcode and the engine was so behind the times when it came out....

:rolleyes:

lmfao, any true gamer knows how much of a disappointment Quake III was. Go read the reviews, bucko ;)

I don't think I really need to bother with Team Arena (unless you're a QIII fanboy), but here's a review from a respected source on Quake III: http://www.pcgamer.com/reviews/archives/re...00-08-11ai.html

As I said, it wouldn't be a good note to end on for iD. I never said it was bad, as you obviously inferred wrong. I was implying it was a disappointment.

I don't think I really need to bother with Team Arena (unless you're a QIII fanboy), but here's a review from a respected source on Quake III: http://www.pcgamer.com/reviews/archives/re...00-08-11ai.html

As I said, it wouldn't be a good note to end on for iD. I never said it was bad, as you obviously inferred wrong. I was implying it was a disappointment.

Team Arena was great... as a free mod. Unfortunately, it was commercial (!?!?).

lmfao, any true gamer knows how much of a disappointment Quake III was. Go read the reviews, bucko ;)

true gamer?

bucko?

ROFL

and emm as far as I remember most of the reviews were above average to good...

anywayz, any true gamer would decide for himself by playing the game...

Yeh I can understand complaints about TA, its just I thought you were saying it about vanilla Q3 aswell...

who knows when it will come out..but i mean..what the hell else is valve doing??? no tf2, no other games, they gotta be working on hl2

but as good as valve is, and as much hype that hl2 will get...i dont think it will be as good as HL.

true gamer?

bucko?

ROFL

and emm as far as I remember most of the reviews were above average to good...

anywayz, any true gamer would decide for himself by playing the game...

Wow, your ignorance amuses me. :rolleyes:

As long as they show what the hell happened to Gordan Freeman or Corpral Shepard who cares about the Quake 3 engine. And we still do not know who the the man in the suit is yet. I hope they clarify what happens. Do you guys even think Gordan Freeman will be the main character in this game?

As long as they show what the hell happened to Gordan Freeman or Corpral Shepard who cares about the Quake 3 engine. And we still do not know who the the man in the suit is yet. I hope they clarify what happens. Do you guys even think Gordan Freeman will be the main character in this game?

The Man in the suite, ahhh the memories, oh how I wonder who he is, I'm gessing if HL 2 really is in the works it's going to have a much deeper story line :yes:

:laugh: hehe, would u believe i never beat the 1st one? i got about half way in i guess and lost interest. i really only bought it for cs :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...