SuperPI 1M *Top Times Database*

I want to join in the ePenis Contest!

How badly would i get owned with a stock Core i7 920 setup with ddr3 1600?

I'd guess anywhere from 12.8xxs - 14.xxx range @ stock clocks. You may be able to take Sethos spot. :D

I just noticed you aren't running SuperPI v1.5, could you please update it and re-run the test? ....was wondering at first why it didnt show down to the milliseconds on yours.

I will leave it up there for now, but if anyone else gets in the 16second range, I will have to remove yours as it isn't fully valid with the latest SuperPI.

Yeah sure thing. I was wondering where the milliseconds were in mine. I should have paid more attention. Sorry about that Lyric.

post-45347-1234256089_thumb.png

It was a little tricky to get CPUZ to show the 3.2 Ghz with speedstep enabled. Luckily I was able to resume extracting a file after the Super Pi test to put it back up to 3.2Ghz in CPUZ heh.

I'd guess anywhere from 12.8xxs - 14.xxx range @ stock clocks. You may be able to take Sethos spot. :D

Mine was about 13.5 seconds. The increased RAM speed won't make the slightest bit of difference unless the processor is overclocked. The RAM will default to 1:1 with the CPU. The only thing you might get out of it is better latencies.

Okay, sorry for the numerous responses.

I just ran one at 3.6Ghz.

Man. I'm not even doing this for e-peen reasons. This is just plain fun.

post-45347-1234308672_thumb.jpg

Damn, my subscription on neowin expires after today, I hope it will still let me continue editing the first post for others that submit their scores....I'm too broke to re-subscribe. :laugh:

I'm fairly certain that as long as you created the thread; you are able to edit the original post.

That's what I did for my "Guide to Computer Builds" thread before I was a subscriber.

bobbytomorow - 10.920s / Gigabyte P45 UD3P / Q9550 @ 3.0901GHZ / G.Skill DDR2-1030 5-5-5-15 2T 2v / Scythe Ninja Plus Rev.B

Got to cancel out the energy saving features. Tomorrow I will hook up my triple rad, and go!

post-235215-1234700023_thumb.jpg

bobbytomorow - 10.920s / Gigabyte P45 UD3P / Q9550 @ 3.0901GHZ / G.Skill DDR2-1030 5-5-5-15 2T 2v / Scythe Ninja Plus Rev.B

Got to cancel out the energy saving features. Tomorrow I will hook up my triple rad, and go!

Nice. =)

Is there any easy way to overclock a laptop?

I think more people will get motivated to OC if a laptop beats their times. :p

Also, no worries about cooling. It's about 0 degrees F outside, so I can just go sit out on the deck and run the calc. jk :D

can i see cpuz validation ?

thx

why the hell there are two instance of cpuz anyway ??

thx

Probably to show his memory timings / etc. You have to run it twice to get both of those on one screen shot.

I seem to have hit a wall...

Anyway I shaved a little bit off, 10.749, I just want to break the 10 second barrier and I'll be happy :laugh:

thx

Here is my CPUID validation.

...and yeah I ran two instances of CPUID to show my mem settings.

post-235215-1234850749_thumb.jpg

I seem to have hit a wall...

Anyway I shaved a little bit off, 10.749, I just want to break the 10 second barrier and I'll be happy :laugh:

Here is my CPUID validation.

...and yeah I ran two instances of CPUID to show my mem settings.

dont i went to keep my rank ;) or else :p

Asust P6T Deluxe Mobo 1102 bios

i7-920 @ 4.3 (21 * 206) 1.38125 volts

3 gb OCZ Gold DDR3 @ 1600 1.80 volts

Noctua...

Congrats on first place. :cool:

No way Io am going to compete with you Core i7 guys any longer, unless I get myself a pot and some dice or ln2. :laugh:

I re-did the current lists to be more organized in Excel and added a transparent image over it to give it a cool look as well.

Make sure to enlarge the image by clicking it to see it well, otherwise it may be hard for some to make out the text.

I'll re-do the sublists later, as thats alot of work to make it look nice like that, lol. And thanks for the sticky! :woot:

The king is back! :p

Max? - 9.656s / Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i920 @ 4.305GHz (21*205 bclk) / Corsair 6GB DDR3 @ 8-8-8-21 / Stock Intel Cooler

CPU-Z doesn't show the true clock as it doesn't take into account the Turbo Boost +1 multiplier, but meh.

post-26671-1236215722_thumb.jpg