HELP : Win 2003 IE Problem

Can anyone please tell me why I can't go to www.symantec.com with Win 2003 IE, also I can't download any files (e.g. Mircosoft DirectX9, Creative SB drivers etc).

I have already set the Security Option in IE to LOW. No firewall or antivirus program has been installed.

I don't have this problem with WinXP.

Anyone can shed any light in how to fix this ?

Can anyone please tell me why I can't go to www.symantec.com with Win 2003 IE, also I can't download any files (e.g. Mircosoft DirectX9, Creative SB drivers etc).

I have already set the Security Option in IE to LOW. No firewall or antivirus program has been installed.

I don't have this problem with WinXP.

Anyone can shed any light in how to fix this ?

did you uninstall "Internet Explorer Hardening" ?

Hi xStainDx, I installed Win 2003 in a normal fashion (without modifying and changing any Services\parameters). I even go to Control Panel\Add or remove Windows Component and uncheck "Internet Security Enhanced Option".

I did not have this problem with Build 3660, 3663. But it happened only after Build 3689.

Any idea ?

Hi xStainDx, I installed Win 2003 in a normal fashion (without modifying and changing any Services\parameters). I even go to Control Panel\Add or remove Windows Component and uncheck "Internet Security Enhanced Option".

I did not have this problem with Build 3660, 3663. But it happened only after Build 3689.

Any idea ?

36xx?

You're like a hundred builds behind the Server Sftware is 3790 RTM, maybe yoiu're just experienceing a bug!

Udate it .....thrn watch the Prob go away

JnCoKiLLa, I am using Win 2003 RTM 3790 Enterprise Server version already.

I can't get any Windows update.

Neither can I go to www.symantec.com.

Please advise what seems to be the problem ?

No problems here getting to anywhere using the RTM build. What error message are you getting in IE?

Also, turn off friendly error messages in IE if you haven't already (Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Uncheck "Show friendly HTTP error messages"), this may give you more info on what is wrong.

Thanks for all the inputs from your guys.

I believed the problem was with my D-Link 804 router.

After I disconnect it and connect the cable modem direct to Win 2003 server, all the problems just disappear.

I upgraded the latest firmwire to the router and now there is no more problem.

Thanks again to all of you.