World's warmest winter jackets

People that are climbing Mt Everest usually arent wearing just one "super jacket" that protects them from everything. They wear many different layers that have varying resistances against temperature, wind, and moisture.

When I climb mountains such as Mt Washington etc I wear several layers.

One of which is amazingly warm.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/TNF3606/T...Parka-Mens.html

One thing to point out. Only in the past year or so have I started climbing/backpacking for sport etc. You will never find a "One jacket does it all" type of deal. Layering is the Key to survival and being warm + cool. The most dangerous thing you can do when climbing or doing anything out in freezing cold temps is to sweat. Sweating can quickly lead to hypothermia and then death.

Generally I wear a wool or synthetic base layer. Ontop of that I have a synthetic long sleeve. On that I wear a fleece. On that I wear a tight fitting jacket. On top of that goes my outer shell which is mainly windproof/waterproof. If i am still cold I wear the jacket I linked above over all that.

I have probably invest almost 1500 bucks in my upper body layers alone. Same type of deal for my lower body.

Edited by Sophism