server 2003 antivirus

Trend Micro has POP

I use the home based one and has a POP scanner so, as my post above, it should be also incorporated into the new 2003 version.

Most server antivirus use pop scanning, i know Symantec Corporate does also.

Just in case some of you are interested(this thread seems NAV dominated)

Trend Micro have released a new product for Windows 2003

SITE HERE

Called Trend Micro ServerProtect.

Trial Download HERE and have to fill out forms etc

Now Available: Trend Micro ServerProtect for Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 is Microsoft?s latest, multi-purpose operating system with superior ease of deployment and manageability for file and print servers, Web servers, and Web application servers that creates a highly productive infrastructure to help make networks a strategic asset for an organization.

With Trend Micro ServerProtect, administrators can:

Use a Windows-based console for centralized management of virus outbreaks

Provide comprehensive antivirus scanning for servers

Detect and remove viruses from files and compressed files in real time -- before they reach the end user

COMPLETE FEATURES LIST

What do you think of the Trend Micro products?

I've installed it twice at client sites and have honestly never liked it nor trusted it... The install process for a server managing cIient workstations seems so a$$ backwards...

I guess I'm just bias'd towards Syamntec but I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative...

(I'm not trying to bad-mouth trend micro, I'm just looking for someone else's opinon)

Trend Micro has POP

I use the home based one and has a POP scanner so, as my post above, it should be also incorporated into the new 2003 version.

Most server antivirus use pop scanning, i know Symantec Corporate does also.

The features of TREND MICRO do not detail POP scanning ....

Most server protection application do not have POP scanning as this is for the client.

Symantec Corporate DOES NOT have POP scanning (I have installed it and tried but there is no option)

If you know otherwise, please point me in the correct direction.

Cheers

Xan

Never tried it on a server so of course i cannot say what it is like for that.

However i do use Pc Cillin 2003(which is the home version of the product)

i find it great and the best out there for me. Performance wise, its fantastic, no delays or slowdowns, easy to install and uninstall, very regular updates using the auto program update.

I swapped from NAV to Pc Cillin due to missed trojans and didnt feel safe with it. Some things were missed by NAV. Also missed some of my virus/trojan test files so i swapped to Pc Cillin 2002 and been happy ever since.(upgraded to 2003 a few days ago)

Friends have also swapped over to Pc Cillin. They also were NAV users and swapped over varying reasons.

Im not bashing NAV in any way, im only posting my experiences

But if you do want to install the new ServerProtect in a server machine, i highly recommend you try it out on a test machine if you can before you go ahead with the full installation on the main server and of course backup, backup, backup.

Davey,

Thanks for your help

I think what I am looking for is a HOME antivirus application that will run on WIndows 2003 Server ...

And its all for testing so no worries about anything crashing :)

Cheers

Xan

Yeh sorry, correct my mistake.

I was thnking of the Symantec AntiVirus for SMTP Gateways

As for Trend, the report/features list desnt say about pop so you might wanna contact em and get a response outa them.