Enclave Graphix! 56kers beware..

After just playing some of Enclave, I am truly impressed by the level of detail, shadows, and textures used in it!! This is the first game where I see the main character actually have volumetric hair!! Imagine if we could get a pc zelda game that used this engine! damn! This gasme is a lot of fun, and also has a great menu, short loading times, and liquid framerates despite the detail! I run at 1280x1024 with 4x antialiasing and I stays around 60fps. You have to play it to realize just how good this game looks..here's some screenies..also the gamma messes up with the screenies, but the lighting is much better ingame.

-beware-56kers will not like this page

post-78-1050763744.jpg

Edited by FearMeAll

They are rather dark

can u make it brighter so we can see the details?  :D

ok- hows that? ;) it looks better ingame when it's running at ridiculous frame rates..

I also wanna talk about the menu! It's really cool looking! Uses video between each menu transition and looks tight! gotta see it to know what I'm talking' about.

Wouldn't it just be cool if they could port zelda OoT to this engine..I could see the possibilities, it would be brighter of course, and look really cool. I'm liking this game engine. :laugh:

/edit- the phyisics are nice too..barrels roll down staircases and look good..walls explode and the pieces react teh way you think they would.

whoah this looks nice.. volumetric hair? :woot: my prayers have been answered!....... ehmm yea :blink:........ but its pretty neat.. and when you said fast loading times, that reminded me of Hitman 2 and Splinter Cell.. have you SEEN that? i mean the grafix are amazing, the worlds are very large and complex, yet the loading time doesnt do it justice.. 10 secs MAX on a 1GHz+ machine.. i dont know how they do that, but all games should be like that.. on the other end, however, are games like Postal2 with no 'wow' graphical effect whatsoever, just plain quake2-ish textures (sure theres the rag doll and water effect.. big deal) and a whopping 2-3 MINS for small areas at once.. :s

sometimes i sit and wonder about the weirdness factor of this world.... or something.. :huh:

This is the first game where I see the main character actually have volumetric hair!!

Damn, I wish The Wind Waker had that, it would make for a much better game...

Enclave is a pretty damn poor game, so those graphics are wasted, they're pointless.

i played the demo, the game looks great, but story and gameplay is boring.

and just like mxxcon said, your gamma and brightness are totally screwed up, this game supposed to be dark.

Enclave is actually a really good game once you get into it. The light side of the story is good, but once you unlock the dark side to play as, it gets really good.

Initially it does seem quite poor though, but the main reason it got bad reviews was because it was apparently too hard (I didn't have any problem with it)

They also made the xbox version the hard mode on all the other ones (didn't have a difficulty option on the xbox)

just finished the demo, and was delighted to witness one of the most boring gameplay ever.. what, you have one attack button, which if you click 3 times in a row does the same 3 sword-slash combo over and over..... whoop-dee-doo....... :blink:

the bow and arrow seemed fun for like a minute, but the irrealistic movement (jumping, strafing, etc..) made me pull my (pubic) hair out.. yea.. the story doesnt seem that boring.. sure, its very poorly implemented into gameplay, but its your Diablo/Hexen/Medieval storyline.. Diablo certainly played a major part in the development, as the resemblance is clearly visible.. i enjoyed the GUI (completely in Bink video), fast loading times, and high fps-age, as people in here mentioned.. in short, the engine is kick ass.. id like to see it implemented in more games in the future..

buying this is out of the question for me at least, but if it happens to land upon you miracleously (sp?), its worth a couple hours of your time.. the game's not that hard at all.. i bearly got killed once or twice through the whole 1st level.. the AI is basic at best (enemies get stuck at places) and you really get the feeling youre playing by yourself and all these cardboard enemy cut-outs pop up every once in a while without any explanation.. youre there just to finish the level.. its hard to explain..... got the demo, finished it, deleted it.... same routine should apply with the full version..

yeah- well, I had it dark, but then someone said they needed to be brightened, so it is too bright, but I can't go in and edit the pics anymore.

Also, my little review had nothing to do with gameplay, just the graphics. I'm a graphics junkie and I like to see pixel and vertex shaders being used for once. Now I'm FINALLY seeing them being put to use. All I was commenting on was the graphics, nothing else. For gameplay, I plug in Deus Ex 1 and play for hours all over again. What I would like is to have all of these older games remade with all these new game engines..but the problem is, all the really good games are made to run on directx7cards because most everyone is running geforce 2 class cards!! I'm thinking Ut2003- a fun multiplayer game that is made to work with a mostly directx 7 interface!! The vertex shaders are software in that game and makes it run slower than it should. Then I see a game like Enclave (which is ain't hyped much at all), surpass Ut2003 in performance and graphics quality because it actually makes use of the CURRENT hardware. All these new unreal engine games are running much slower than they should because of their directx7ish programming. And guess what Top developer (besides Carmack) are going to use for a while- you got it- unreal. A Fully directx8 compliant unreal engine would be the bomb!! hell- go directx 9!!!

-that's all.

Yes, just what I want, Zelda to look like Enclave. :p

nahh- imagine a little tweaking hear and there it would look much better than how the n64 did OoT. I'm not talking about remaking windmaker- it's perfect in it's own element. But don't you think the enclave engine could best help some of the old zelda games resemble the tech demo at E3?

is the game any fun?

well, it's no Deus Ex or zelda.. everything is right in this game except the RPG element I think..it's a lot of running and slashing.. but hey- the water's pixel-shaded :woot:

Im serious, load screens are quick, menu transitions are awesome, graphics are beautiful, framerate is high, but hell, not enough depth for me..can't we have both???