Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War II

w2f89e.png

Developer(s): Relic Entertainment

Publisher(s): THQ

Distributor(s): Micorosft - Games for Windows® (Retail), STEAM (Online), & Direct2Drive (Online)

Series: Warhammer® 40,000

Engine: Essence Engine 2.0

Platform(s):Release Date(s): February 19, 2009 (NA), February 20, 2009 (EU)

Genre(s): Real-Time Strategy

Mode(s): Singleplayer, Cooperative, & Multiplayer

Rating: M (ESRB)

Gamesite: (Click Here)

System Requirements

Minimum

• Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
  • P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor
  • 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
  • A 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent
  • 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space

Recommended

• Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or any Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 2 GB RAM (XP and Vista)
  • A 256MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900, or equivalent
  • 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space

About Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II

Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II transports players into Games Workshop’s vast Warhammer 40,000 universe, where an intergalactic war between ancient races has raged on for countless millennia. Featuring vicious front-line combat, destructible environments, a fully cooperative multiplayer mode, four unique playable races and a non-linear single-player campaign with branching storylines, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II delivers the ultimate sci-fi fantasy RTS experience. Disposable units will become a thing of the past as gamers feel the intimate brutality of war and develop a personal connection with fully customizable squads. For more information on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, please visit WWW.DAWNOFWAR2.COM. [sOURCE]

Troubleshooting

Got any issues with the game? Click here for Relic Entertainment's Technical Support

Review Roundup

IGN - 9.0/10

Game Informer - 8.75/10

GameSpy - 4.5/5

Games On Net - 4/5

Juego PC (Spanish) - 9.3/10

GamePro - 5/5

WorthPlaying - 9.5/10

"The bottom line is that the overall "feel" of the multiplayer game is terrific and the basic gameplay paradigm works to create a game that's deep, rich and thoroughly satisfying. Combined with a fun and very different-playing single-player component, this is a game that's well worth a look by any strategy fan looking for something fun that breaks the RTS genre's straitjacket." - GameSpy

Screenshots (Click for high resolution images)

orow7r.png9ktatv.png

augvgj.png2mooy1w.png28hk803.pngszbrqs.png

Videos

Exclusive Faction Feature: Eldar

Exclusive Faction Feature: Orks

Faction Feature: Tyranids

Tyranids Infestation Trailer

Real Life Rhino Trailer

------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find an official thread for Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II so I decided to make one myself. Use this thread to discuss all things related to the game. Post your experiences, opinions, etc.

The game must be good. It's getting good reviews almost everywhere. Ugh! I can't stand it. That's it, I'm buying the game after my last exam.

The game must be good. It's getting good reviews almost everywhere. Ugh! I can't stand it. That's it, I'm buying the game after my last exam.

Well, it's made by Relic Entertainment and they constantly pump out seriously good games - They definitely set the new benchmark in RTS games with Company of Heroes - So this game can't be anything but good (Y)

Apparently, there are two problems with Dawn of War II. Relic Entertainment are working on a patch to fix both issues.

CAMPAIGN PROGRESSION: NO MISSIONS TO TAKE

It?s come to our attention that a small percentage of players are receiving a random crash that is stalling their campaign progression. Upon crashing and rebooting DOWII, their save game brings them back to the campaign with no further missions to complete.

We want you to know that we are working on a HotFix to this issue and it?s already undergoing testing. The fix should bring those corrupted save games back to life and shouldn?t interfere with unaffected save games in any way. We expect to release the HotFix within the next 24 hours.

Unfortunately, the HotFix cannot fix the crash from randomly occurring again. The crash is more likely to happen on 32-Bit Vista machines running on High and Ultra settings. Until we are able to permanently fix the out-of-memory crash, we suggest reducing your graphics settings to Medium to prevent it from re-occurring during Campaign play.

Relic apologizes for this inconvenience. We are working hard to solve the problem and deploy a fix responsibly.

The DOWII Team

SOURCE

[VISTA 32-Bit CRASH ON DAWN OF WAR IIII

There is a frequent out-of-memory crash that plagues Windows Vista (32-bit) users of Dawn of War II. Often this crash occurs at the start of the very first Campaign mission; other times it occurs mid-mission when a ?talking head? appears onscreen or when returning to your battle barge after a mission is completed.

We are actively testing several fixes to this memory problem, but in the mean time, you can reduce your ?Texture Detail? and ?Effects Fidelity? settings to ?Medium? in the Graphics menu of the Options Screen. This should drastically improve stability.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused our community. We are doing everything in our power to fix the problem as quickly and responsibly as possible.

The DOWII Team

SOURCE

I have my copy but it doesn't want to install on dialup. I wish I remembered how I got FEAR 2 to install, had the same problem there...but anyway. I'm sure Valve will be hearing about it from dialup users who can't get any of these Steamworks games to install.

As for me, I'm finally off dialup on Wednesday, though with pretty hardcore bandwidth limits (5gb). I still buy everything digitally so I'll just download elsewhere.

Sethos in respect to the 32Bit Crash to Desktop that is a general crash when the application attempts to take control of more than 2GB of RAM, it happened with Supreme Commander on the highest graphics settings and massive unit count.

So what do people think of the campaign as it's really the only part that interests me.

I'm on 64 Bit

And my crashes happened once upon entering the 'outfit' menu for one of my commanders and the second was during my attack on the Felhammer mine.

As for the campaign, it's slightly repetitive. You drop in, capture some points, kill a 'boss' and then next map is up. Only thing redeeming itself is the outfitting, gaining skills and XP etc.

I'm on 64 Bit

And my crashes happened once upon entering the 'outfit' menu for one of my commanders and the second was during my attack on the Felhammer mine.

As for the campaign, it's slightly repetitive. You drop in, capture some points, kill a 'boss' and then next map is up. Only thing redeeming itself is the outfitting, gaining skills and XP etc.

Was that the out of memory crash error? If so then the game hasn't been enabled to take advantage of more than 2GB of ram, bah :(

I was somewhat worried about the repetitiveness of the campaign, in which case I might just give it a miss.

No, it just crashes to desktop and then the relic "report crash" thing pops up, there's no error message.

Sounds more like general run time fault. Still never good to have though. :(

Other than Starcraft, are there any real time strategies coming out that still use base building? Dawn of War II and BattleForge take that out of the equation, I really like it :( I guess Supreme Commander II.

Loving the SP on this, it feels like a more complicated and adult version of Warcraft III... In space. :p

If their Warhammer 40k MMO is anything like this it'll be an outright winner.

I really regret this purchase already, constantly crashes - Now I was almost done with a boss fight and wham;

Unavngivet.jpg

This must be my fifth or sixth CTD. The same underlying engine and coding is used in Company of Heroes, that game ran rock solid all the time! Arg.

Other than Starcraft, are there any real time strategies coming out that still use base building? Dawn of War II and BattleForge take that out of the equation, I really like it :( I guess Supreme Commander II.

Yeah, I also love base building. A RTS without basebuilding just isn't a RTS for me :(

I really regret this purchase already, constantly crashes - Now I was almost done with a boss fight and wham;

<Snipped>

This must be my fifth or sixth CTD. The same underlying engine and coding is used in Company of Heroes, that game ran rock solid all the time! Arg.

It's unfortunate, but Relic Entertainment is working on the issue. In the meantime, go here and try out the various workarounds.

How bizzare, I must have done 5-7 missions and it's been rock solid. :/

How bizzare, I must have done 5-7 missions and it's been rock solid. :/

I believe the issue affects users on 32-bit editions of Windows Vista.