Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War II

anyone had issues trying to get their bonus codes to work? for the life of me i cant get my code to work the GFWL client just says 'error' when i press the confirm button

anyone had issues trying to get their bonus codes to work? for the life of me i cant get my code to work the GFWL client just says 'error' when i press the confirm button

What bonus codes, I looked through manual like you said, nothing is there.

When / How do you get the dreadnought walker? Been doing a ton of missions and currently chasing a lot of Tyranid samples, some dataslates etc. and I've gathered Dreadnought armour and now a Dreadnought assault cannon but I have yet to get the damn thing - When do we receive it and can add it to our squad roster?

once you get the tyranid samples he gets hotdropped into one of your missions. unsure which though. cant remember :p

once you get the tyranid samples he gets hotdropped into one of your missions. unsure which though. cant remember :p

Oh, that's only a mission or two away - Thanks (Y)

i did a 3hour online co-op last night over live and it was super smooth, not one bit of lag, freezing or nothing, make me glad i got this :D plus 14 achievments to boot as well :) wicked

the campaign on this is awesome. i love it to be honest.... although halo wars have taken my attention at the moment though :(

btw anyone actually playing this on a laptop? i'm looking to invest in a laptop that would run this for lan games round my mates place and my tower will run it but its a bit of a heavy thing ;)

budget is ?300-500 [can be pushed to ?600 but would rather not if avoidable]

i did a 3hour online co-op last night over live and it was super smooth, not one bit of lag, freezing or nothing, make me glad i got this :D plus 14 achievments to boot as well :) wicked

Man your killing it, I still haven't even started playing it yet. I spent quite some time in game with the beta, but haven't touched the actual game lol

• 3 months later...

On June 18, 2009, Relic announced a new Dawn of War II patch titled 'There is Only War' (patch 1.4). Check it out here. It's going to add a ton of new content. Also, check out the multiplayer dev battles here and here.

EDIT: The title of the thread is glitching out. :s

I have no interest in this game anymore. Not after the patch installer spent six hours downloading and failed to install properly.

I'm looking forward to that patch but I read somewhere that they are not very speedy with their patch deployment. On the other hand I also read they're having an open beta test of the patch. I don't know if that's true or not but we'll see.

In case you haven't done so already, register your game at THQ. You'll get access to the Chapter Command Wargear Set (see here). I just got my code and redeemed it with the Games For Windows LIVE client.

I haven't tried it but I've been wanting to. But I didn't know if it would be a good time to learn or not with that new patch coming out that is going to completely overhaul multiplayer.

I haven't tried it but I've been wanting to. But I didn't know if it would be a good time to learn or not with that new patch coming out that is going to completely overhaul multiplayer.

The patch definitely changes multiplayer, but getting to know the tech trees and respective counters is half the battle. By the time you get comfortable with some of the races, the patch won't be that big of shock to your gameplay.

Cool, thanks for that! I've been wanting to replay this game again and this will give me even more of a reason to do that.

You're welcome. Remember though, the wargear will only be available in new campaigns. It won't work with existing ones.

Anyone into DoW2 multiplayer? Great game but I sure do have a hell of a time winning at 2v2 with random people.

I used to be, but that was during the Dawn of War II MP beta. I'm just having fun in campaign mode with my buddy for now.

The patch definitely changes multiplayer, but getting to know the tech trees and respective counters is half the battle. By the time you get comfortable with some of the races, the patch won't be that big of shock to your gameplay.

True. You definitely need to familiarize yourself with the respective races. Once you do that, it's just a matter of practise. :)

If anyone's interested in buying the game, you can buy it for ?12.99/$18.23USD here. It's much cheaper than paying $49.99USD for the retail version. Best of all, the PIN will work with Steam. Don't worry, it's 100% legit. My friend and I bought our keys from here and it worked without a hitch.

Wow, that's an awesome deal. Wish you had posted that about a month ago. Could have saved myself a bit of money. :o :laugh:

They've got some pretty good deals on other games as well. Have to keep that site in mind.

Edited by trag3dy

Wow, that's an awesome deal. Wish you had posted that about a month ago. Could have saved myself a bit of money. :o :laugh:

They've got some pretty good deals on other games as well. Have to keep that site in mind.

Indeed. I'm somewhat glad I didn't purchase the game right away.

Anyone up for some MP action once the next patch comes out? I'm still playing the campaign with my buddy to hone my skills, haha.

Yeah, I'd like to give it a shot. The MP looks fun.

Cool. What's your gamertag? Mine is Anaron. Add me! :yes: