[Official] Killzone 2

I saw the trailer of the new maps and I'm glad they included new weapons. I would love to see the lightning gun in future DLC.

Didn't know there was a trailer for the new maps. Link?

there is an update for killzone 1.29 today :)

are the maps worth it? i havent got any of them yet :s and would there be any players to play with? some times there is barely anybody on KZ2 worldwide!

there is an update for killzone 1.29 today :)

are the maps worth it? i havent got any of them yet :s and would there be any players to play with? some times there is barely anybody on KZ2 worldwide!

You must have pretty strict filters if you came to that conclusion.

The four new maps that have been released so far are pretty good. Southern Hills is my favorite map overall and Vetka Cruiser isn't far behind. The beach will give you a headache if you attempt to play it with 24+

But a bundle would be worth it. Find a PSN friend to share the cost with.

Like madd-hatter Southern Hills is my favorite, amazing map.

There is always a lot of people playing the game. Not sure why you cant find a game.

What gives, I can only find one Body Count game on the DLC maps. Not just the new ones, even when I include the Steel & Titanium / Flash & Thunder maps. :/

What gives, I can only find one Body Count game on the DLC maps. Not just the new ones, even when I include the Steel & Titanium / Flash & Thunder maps. :/

I think the issue is that if you select just a single map then that's all it will look for, not that map within groups. Bit of a pain really but often you find the DLC maps in normal games when you just search for all.

Trying to get back into te game to complete it but I seriously hate the controls.

Seems like any of the options results in zoom being unusable or cover being unusable :angry:

Which control options do you guys use?

Trying to get back into te game to complete it but I seriously hate the controls.

Seems like any of the options results in zoom being unusable or cover being unusable :angry:

Default :p

But I notch up sensitivity +1 on each axis.

I think you guys need to start shooting more from the hip if you don't already, zooming is really best saved for loooong range shots, not mid range and definitely not up close.

Maybe it's just because I was never a heavy COD4 player, but I don't have any issues with zooming from R3. In fact, I might of even played Halo 3 more than COD4, and Halo 3 zooms with R3. Might explain why I'm fine with it.

I think the issue is that if you select just a single map then that's all it will look for, not that map within groups. Bit of a pain really but often you find the DLC maps in normal games when you just search for all.

Yeah but I didn't want to play 4 extra rounds before I got to try the new maps.

I finally found one game on Arctower Landing, pretty decent map, but there wasn't many people so it felt quite empty.

Can we arrange some Neowin matches?

Also, I finally unlocked the scout class, woot :laugh: The cloak is sexeh.

Yeah but I didn't want to play 4 extra rounds before I got to try the new maps.

I finally found one game on Arctower Landing, pretty decent map, but there wasn't many people so it felt quite empty.

Can we arrange some Neowin matches?

Also, I finally unlocked the scout class, woot :laugh: The cloak is sexeh.

Yeah I had a quick go on the Arc Tower map was nice :) just played some 8 v 8 matches.

Scout is cool, but i'm rubbish with the sniper rifle. :(

I'm up for some Neowin matches whenever people want to play as well. Be good to get the badges all unlocked.

Just now? Wow, I have all the subclasses unlocked for every class available.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've played the game since launch :p

The MP wasn't what I hoped for and with all it's issues I got bored and moved on very quickly. After the first weekend it came out I was playing other new releases on the 360.

Haven't even finished the SP!

Problem is the story doesn't interest me at all, I just wanted to see some of the set pieces.

Offtopic but the first post I can find of yours, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, mega lulz. Watched that video earlier in the week :laugh:

High precision, standard, max sensitivity.

Engineer with air support/C4/or boost

Tactician with C4/Spot&mark/ or med packs

Sab with C4/med packs/ air support (STA rifle all day, not that sh**ty stupid spray gun)

A great strategy:

Start as Tact + boost. Boost to S&D offense location and throw a good spawn nade (get rdy to arm just in case.) Once you die, go sab with STA rifle + repair if ammo crates aren't up already. After the 2nd death, spawn as engineer with air support or health packs. Go find the STA rifle you dropped when you died and you are set... (ground + air turrets, health packs, STA rifle with infinite ammo.)

• 2 weeks later...

My younger brother recently purchased a PS3 and I had the opportunity to try the Killzone 2 demo. The first thing that really hit me was the graphics. It almost blew me away. I had no idea the PS3 was capable of such amazing graphics (for a console).

Anyway, I have a couple of questions before buying the full-game: How's the multiplayer compared to a game like Gears of War? And do a lot of people still play the game?

Never played GOW but I do not like KZ2 multiplayer - far too many maps have chokepoints where it's too easy to utterly dominate using grenade spam/shotties.

I found the hit detection to be strange - far too easy to get headshots. It's also difficult to figure out which direction you're being hit from too, imo.

It's fun for a few days but it didn't keep me interested for very long. A game like Call of Duty 4 constantly kept my interested because it's a snappy, competitive game. You always felt you were in direct control of your character and each kill had an adrenaline rush effect.

Killzone 2 might be a looker but beneath the surface is a cumbersome game that feels slow, looks pretty dull with the "next-gen" colours everywhere and because of that retarded "Team Fortress" system with medics, engineers and whatnot it doesn't feel competitive, it just feels like a complete mess where every combat situation is based on your class selection and not your reaction and "skills", so to speak.

Also as Wasted said, the hit detection is really strange, it genuinely feels like your firing fist sized bullets constantly because aiming in the general direction of the upper body will bag you a headshot 8/10 times, it's so stupid. Oh and the ranking system is weak.

The major downfall for this game, in my book, was definitely the class based system - I loathe when games implement this and always try to stay well clear of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just traded my GT5:P for a brand new Killzone 2. Gonna play this after I finish Shadow Complex.

Wasn't impressed by the demo, but let's see how the full game feels.