Battlefield Vietnam...possibly

Came across this interesting tid-bit earlier today

According to the results of a search of the US Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), Digital Illusions has trademarked the name "Battlefield Vietnam" for a PC computer game project. The Trademark was submitted February 12th of this year. Could this be the official sequel to Digital Illusion's ultra popular action game series, Battlefield 1942? One would think so, but neither Electronic Arts nor Digital Illusions have made any public comments on the name, so mark it as "unconfirmed rumor" for the time being.

Source: BFCentral.com

Came across this interesting tid-bit earlier today

Source: BFCentral.com

That would be great! However I more suspect that DI will buy DC and release it like how valve releases CS with Halflife

heh i posted that news on bfcentral forums

anyway, i would much rather see the Eve of destruction mod which has worked so hard end up being made retail once it has released mutiple versions. The screenshots ive seen look awsome, and the mod has a lot of community support as well.

i don't really see a Vietnam battlefield, i mean the vehicles would sit somewhere between BF1942 and the DC mod true but the vehicles wouldn't play as big a part surely, which is what MAKES battlefield. I mean if you took the vehicles out, and added jungle scenes i think it would loose a lot, plus if you look at the actual detail of most of the maps, things like foliage are sparse anyway, where as 'nam would require ALOT more bushes, trees, logs, even caves etc. I wonder how the engine would cope. Of course they may use a different engine but U know what i mean.

Well they are making another expansion for batlefield called secret weapons, which will include stuff not commonly seen during world war 2. IMO its just a stupid expansion that wont bring a lot to battlefield, for the purpose of making those punks at EA richer. If they really wanted to add something to the community, they should instead create the SDK and release that as well as the map editor.

I agree persian. I consider myself a WWII buff and while I appriciate EA's effort, I think this move is geared to the many console born gamers out there.

Maybe it will include a skin of mario or some other cartoon character... :)

this new expansion is going to be lame. There's going to be a ROCKET PACK. :rolleyes: bf is the most originial FPS to come around in a while, why did they have to ruin it w/ this POS expansion

this new expansion is going to be lame. There's going to be a ROCKET PACK. :rolleyes: bf is the most originial FPS to come around in a while, why did they have to ruin it w/ this POS expansion

Yep, cause we all know how rocket packs ruin games :rolleyes: It's as simple as this: if you don't like it, don't get it. Doesn't change the original.

Yep, cause we all know how rocket packs ruin games :rolleyes: It's as simple as this: if you don't like it, don't get it. Doesn't change the original.

yeah rocket packs in a WWII game will be great! :huh: uhhh yeah ok.

and your second statement was just..... useless i guess. statement of the obvious..... please TRY to contribute something to the convo other then just get on my arse

This could be interesting if they do it right... I'm not very interested in the vietnam era though. WWII is pretty much the perfect setting for this kind of game.

Vietnam is a very rarely covered era, and I think it'd be great fun. Fighting with lots of cover (ie a forest) is so much more interesting, but I'm not sure how well bf1942 will port to it.

As far as vehicals go, lol there was no shortage of them in 'nam, especially aircraft. They would need to add a model for heat seeking missiles really though, considering for most of the conflict the phantom didnt have guns heh.

Vietcong is simply teh PERFECT vietnam SP game, but Battlefield Vietnam will be hell of a MP fun

Good mornin' Viet... uhm Charlie !

yeah rocket packs in a WWII game will be great! :huh: uhhh yeah ok.

and your second statement was just..... useless i guess. statement of the obvious..... please TRY to contribute something to the convo other then just get on my arse

How is that not contributing to the conversation? And, I believe it's the same thing you did to me in the Star Wars Galaxies topic, my friend. It's a add-on for the fictional/never-made-it weapons of WWII. What's so bad about that?

I wish they would branch out into a more modern setting. Desert Combat is nice and all but it's so unbalenced and stuff the games turn into trying to get a vehicle, blow some stuff up, then leave.

My dream game would be if they teamed up with Lucasarts and made Battlefield: Star Wars. God it makes me giddy thinking about it, AT-ATs, AT-STs, speeders, fighers, blasters, detonators, lightsabers, and of course all the various fighters.

Man that would be sweet.

I think the Vietnam idea could be really fun if pulled off correctly. It would be tons of fun to engage in true guerilla warfare. Climb-able trees and a voice bind for "Charlies up in the trees!!" would rule.

I wish they would branch out into a more modern setting.  Desert Combat is nice and all but it's so unbalenced and stuff the games turn into trying to get a vehicle, blow some stuff up, then leave.

My dream game would be if they teamed up with Lucasarts and made Battlefield: Star Wars.  God it makes me giddy thinking about it, AT-ATs, AT-STs, speeders, fighers, blasters, detonators, lightsabers, and of course all the various fighters. 

Man that would be sweet.

might wanna check out this link then dude, looks nice so far :)

http://www.swbattlefield.jolt.co.uk/

Galactic Conquest was supposed to release an alpha bout a month ago, but due to some issues they weren't able to. Im really looking forward to playing it, i mean look at these screenshots taken from the site, looks awsome...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Vietnam? is the trademark of Vietnamese? people , we will sue them if they make that games again the FACT of histor:p :p (US retreat from :) :)