Outlook Connector

For no apparent reason my Outlook 2007 with Outlook Connector has been failing to sign into my Live account.

These are the two errors I recieve, one on the Outlook Connector itself and another on the "Detailed Report".

--------------

"Sign-in failed. Outlook Connector has encountered an error. Please restart Outlook. If the issue continues, open the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs and repair Outlook Connector. If this does not fix the issue, contact Support."

--------------

"Account: lswotton@hotmail.com

Sign in failed at 01/03/2009 09:50:33

The network connection has been interrupted. Make sure your network cable is properly attached to your computer. If you still cannot connect, try again later."

--------------

Anyone else having problems? I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, fixing but nothing works.

My Messenger is also not working. I've checked my ports, checked using another internet connection (although still on the University connection)..

Anyone any ideas?

• 3 months later...

The following worked for me:

- Remove the account you've configured to work with Outlook Connector

- Add the account again, by going to Tools --> Account Settings

- Under the Email tab, select "New", but leave the default radio button checked i.e. Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP. DON'T select Microsoft Outlook Connector.

- Click on 'Next' and enter the details of your account.

- Hit 'Next' again, and Outlook will automatically search for your POP3 account. A pop-up will appear saying there is a problem with the 'autodiscover.hotmail.com' security certificate. Say 'Yes' to proceeding.

- You will then be told that your account has privileges to work with Connector and asked if you want to migrate to it. Select 'Transfer'.

You then need to restart Outlook.

That should be it, I haven't had any problems since.