Half Life 2 Screenshots!

Uh... yes many of the scans from PC gamer have been taken off of the web... if thats what you meant...

I was lucky enough to see some of them before that happened.

I also think though the images here aren't bad. Seems like this magazine got more images too.

I hope to get mine in the mail soon to read the article on HL 2. I can't wait. I think this game will rock Doom 3 hardcore.

Edited by GL_RandomHero

HALF- LIFE 2

hl2_1.jpg

ok its done it for me! this engine is amazing look at the lights! seriously doom 3 engine will have some serious competition this winter!!! me gonna get a 3 gigz rig this summer just for these 2 games

DOOM III

shot0009.jpg

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Doom 3 is going to be like Aquanox.

Nothing but a game made for those freaks who can afford Radeon 9700's or even geforce 5's for that matter.

It is just eyecandy.

Half-Life 2, although looking like crap (gfx), it's gameplay is #1 and it is the sequel to the most popular online computer game in the history of mankind! :)

yeah.. look simple facts...

look....

Half-life + its mods = most popular online multiplayer game ever.

id-software games combined together WILL NOT equal or parallel the same immensity of HL's success!

Hmm I thought both Half-Life and Doom I/II were both awesome in their respective times. I just think Doom never reached its potential because of the graphical limitations at that time. You have to take in account that Doom practically spawned HL since it was one of the first 3D shooters and because of it people wanted bigger and better 3D shooters. We shall see which has the better single player experience. Although I am leaning towards Half-Life because I want to find out who that damn G-Man really is. Plus the original HL was scripted and Doom was not and I am curious to see if this Doom is.

Also some of you people may be too young to really remember how popular Doom was. I was in middle school at that time and I remember it was the center of the universe for PC games. I still can remember hours working on the map editor making maps and my friends had huge books on it. I just think Doom never became as popular as HL did because Duke Nukem 3D came a few years later and everyone was playing Duke instead of Doom. I consider Duke Nuke 3D to be a closer runner to Half-Life as being the best 3d shooter of all time, but I thought Doom was given that honor a year or so ago. I could be wrong. Does anybody know where I might of heard Doom getting an award of some sort for being the best PC game of all time? :huh:

Edited by jmole

Man... HL2 looks awesome.

ANOTHER game to look forward to now. I think a PC upgrade is most definately on the cards as I want to be able to enjoy the likes of Doom III and Half Life 2 whenever they hit the shelves! :)