All-Glass Firefox v2!

PS: Not compatible with x64!

Lol what do you mean? I run this on windows 7 x64, and it do work xD

What addon was it that you guys said to get, that will let me enable older addons in 3.5 beta 4? Trying to get Compact Menu for one thing.. but it says not compatible

Download the .xpi, extract it with winRAR or 7zip, open the install.rdf file, change <em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>3.5</em:maxVersion>, save, zip all files and rename the file to extension.xpi, and open in firefox again. It's how I do it

See above. Its not compatible with the x64 version of Firefix, not Windows

Download the .xpi, extract it with winRAR or 7zip, open the install.rdf file, change <em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>3.5</em:maxVersion>, save, zip all files and rename the file to extension.xpi, and open in firefox again. It's how I do it

The xpi for Compact Menu? How do I download that, when I go to the addon's page, the add to firefox is greyed out, and doesn't give me an option to download.

The xpi for Compact Menu? How do I download that, when I go to the addon's page, the add to firefox is greyed out, and doesn't give me an option to download.

Make sure you got Nightly Tester tools installed, and then you should be able to install the XPI below without any modifications.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/do...4550-latest.xpi

As I said before, I'm working on a version with black text in my spare time (which isn't much with exams coming up) and the incompatibility is with x64 versions of Firefox, your Windows version doesn't matter.

Thanks for the great plug-in.

I altered the text to better match Aero, thought some of you might like it;

color: black !important;
text-shadow: white 0px 0px 6px,
			 white 0px 0px 6px,
			 white 0px 0px 6px !important;

Obviously, you can make the shadow whiter with more layers, larger with by changing the last value, etc.

Very nice work, Ambroos.

Is there any chance you could put together a version with black text, though? The default theme on the Win7 RC with Firefox 3.5b4 and white text makes tabs almost impossible to read.

Many thanks.

I would like to ask the opposite thing: can u please make a version with white bookmark text, please?

Black text is nearly impossible to read with a dark wallpaper.

Proof:

firefox.jpg

Now I just need this to be compatible with Firefox 3.5B4 and I'll be set! :D

It is.

Edited by 12eason

yeah thats one thing about this. It looks great no matter what. The only issue is with some people wanting white and others wanting black. So if there was a way to have both, and you just enable which you want it would be perfect

Is there a way to fix the issue with transparent text (amoungst other things) on elements that glass has been extended to, but haven't been skinned afterwards. Specifically, if you enable this plugin, but delete the overlay.css all the inferface text becomes transparent. It also happens when you extend the glass into a webpage. I think it is glassing everything that is black. Why not just have it only glass elements specifically marked as 'transparent'?

pic related (look at the black text in the buttons);

Edited by 12eason

hey guys, i tried installing the glass menu system and dialogues(i dont know how to get it like that screen above either)

But yeah, i get an error code :-S

Looks nice :)

Only thing that's a bit ugly is the white border on the tab list button....

whiteline.jpg

Fix;

.tabs-alltabs-button { 
-moz-appearance: menulist-button !important;
}

Fix;

.tabs-alltabs-button { 
 -moz-appearance: menulist-button !important;
 }

Will include that one when there's something more to update, not really need to release a new version for that :p

hey ambross, or anybody else. Ive been slaving over this and i cant make it work, im using Minefeild 3.0.10 and no matter what im getting the black not the glass effect. Addins are All glass firefox(obviously), compact menu, dotnetframework assistant, no script, and stylish. i loaded glass menu firefox 3.1 fixed0 and transparent URL into stylish. Windows 7 X64.

Let me know what i should do, heck maybe it dosnt work with this version of MF im using.

Thanks

hey ambross, or anybody else. Ive been slaving over this and i cant make it work, im using Minefeild 3.0.10 and no matter what im getting the black not the glass effect. Addins are All glass firefox(obviously), compact menu, dotnetframework assistant, no script, and stylish. i loaded glass menu firefox 3.1 fixed0 and transparent URL into stylish. Windows 7 X64.

Let me know what i should do, heck maybe it dosnt work with this version of MF im using.

Thanks

Make sure that the Firefox/Minefield you're using isn't the special X64 edition. It doesn't work with that.