EVE-Online: Neowin Corporation

Oh no wait, that wasn't you - Someone just sent me 100,000,000.00 ISK after I had posted my name in here some time ago.

the-scream.jpeg

Just restarted my subscription and am signing up now, only played for about a month so I'm a bit of a noob. :p

Although my buddy gave me one billion isk, so I gots monies!

Edit: Nvm, I'll do it later, the headquarters is too far away. :hmmm:

Edited by PricklyPoo

I just started the 14 day trial and EVE is looking pretty amazing so far. I sent you a request if you're still looking to recruit.

Accepted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always wanted to play Eve properly, but I could never stomach the EXTREME death penalties involved, even with insurance and clones etc etc, the downside of dying and running around getting back to the same state etc you were in before just killed the experince for me. I tried the trial twice, and both times I deinstalled it because of the penalty involved.

I can't stand PvP, but I love space sims so you can see my quandry.

I'd be interested to hear the best way to enjoy Eve fully, without much death risk and enjoy as its meant to be?

Can a PvP hater ever enjoy this game?

Anyone is same boat as me and plays Eve.....how have you gotten over that hurdle?

I have always wanted to play Eve properly, but I could never stomach the EXTREME death penalties involved, even with insurance and clones etc etc, the downside of dying and running around getting back to the same state etc you were in before just killed the experince for me.

I can't stand PvP, but I love space sims so you can see my quandry.

I'd be interested to hear the best way to enjoy Eve fully, without much death risk and enjoy as its meant to be?

Can a PvP hater ever enjoy this game?

Anyone is same boat as me and plays Eve.....how have you gotten over that hurdle?

You sum my problem up in one really.....i would like to hear what people have to say :)

you don't HAVE to PvP

you can break the Eve universe down into 2 areas:

High Security space (hi-sec) where space is policed by CONCORD. if someone tries to shoot you, they come and blow up that guy's ship

and then there's Low Security space (lo-sec) where you're on your own. you can kill anyone and anyone can kill you

you can stay in hi sec, do missions, mine asteroids, find trade routes, do complexes (like dungeons in fantasy mmos), explore and find worm holes and exploration sites.... just that in lo sec the asteroids are more valuable and the complexes/worm holes have more valuable minerals... basically the greater the risk the greater the reward.

but you can totally stick around in hi sec space, there's lots of stuff to do there.

there's also non combat content like research and manufacturing that doesn't require you to go to lo sec

The problem is that it is fun to PvP, but not fun to lose everything just because you want to PvP. It is a choice, but the cons almost entirely outweigh the pros.

Titoist is now a member of a corporation in EVE with myself, we enjoy mission running, some pvp and mining, as for PVP it is easy to avoid if you learn the mechanics which to be honest does not require that much time and effort as "some" people make out.

The problem is that it is fun to PvP, but not fun to lose everything just because you want to PvP. It is a choice, but the cons almost entirely outweigh the pros.

Indeed, and correct me if I am wrong, but aren't some of the best areas, such as in the newer expansions in low sec space?

If I recall high sec space is extremely limited. I realise some ppl would say that's the whole point of Eve, but you can not

say with any semblance of sincerity that the imposed extreme death penalty in Eve is in any way enjoyable or justified.

Edited by Tartan

I've played EVE on and off for the past 5 or so years (since launch), and I would have to say my best memories took place in low sec not a month in from starting my most recent account. I joined a small pirate corp and we did our best to menace about 20 or so low-sec systems. We were not as well outfitted as many of the larger pirate corps in the area, and we had a large number of extremely new players, so we mainly did frigate wolf packs with perhaps a vegabond as support. The sense of danger coupled with pulling off the perfect gank or bait kill made for some of the best MMO experiences I have ever had.

Of course the drop from 0.0 to -9.7 sec rating within a month pretty much crippled that character from many high-sec oppertunities, so I rerolled a gallente and ran a corp of a few friends in caldari (care-bear) space for a few months before stopping this past fall due to time restrictions placed on me by college (senior year).

EVE is a bit of a marmite game, I really hate to coin it into such a phrase but it does suit it well. You can either love it's unique style of play where death is punished or hate it.

I personally enjoy EVE, I live in high sec mainly, I have made lots of ISK, and I fly some of the best ships in EVE to date, as for low sec and null sec, well get yourself into an alliance, many corps in high sector space have low/null sec systems, once you are in one of these, you only have to make the trip once, and install a jump clone. You can then enjoy the best of both worlds.

To finish, one simple saying is predominant in EVE.

"Don't fly what you cannot afford to loose twice over"

I would really like to play but evertime i do and follow them tutorials i get lost at the end get lost jumping through star gates etc then can't find my way back to the start does anyone have any tips i can follow or something?

I would really like to play but evertime i do and follow them tutorials i get lost at the end get lost jumping through star gates etc then can't find my way back to the start does anyone have any tips i can follow or something?

You mission journal has all the locations for anything you are doing. Just right click and set destination to where you need to go, then hit autopilot. Autopilot is slower than manual, but at least you can be at ease till you start to learn the game some more.