[PC] GTA: Vice City Movies

Glad to see they've put a bit of effort into it, looks quite nice from what you can see in those small vids. Finally give my 9700 a chance to break into a sweat.

When's it out?

Edit, just found out, May 14th.

http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity/pc/index.htm

System requirements:

800Mhz Pentium/Athlon or 1.2Ghz Celeron/Duron processor

128 MB of Ram

8 speed CD/DVD drive

915 MB free hard drive space (+ 635 MB if video card does NOT support DirectX Texture Compression)

32 MB video card with DirectX compatible drivers ("Geforce" or better)

Sound Card with DirectX compatible Drivers

Keyboard and Mouse

Win 98/98 SE/ME/2000 Pro with Service Pack 3/XP with Service Pack 1

Direct X 9.0

Thanks a lot man. I love GTA3 and I cant wait for Vice City. GTA is a passion for me. I love this game, and I will be one of the first to pick it up when I get the chance.

It comes out when, like May 18th or something? So many good games coming out, so little money! :laugh:

Glad to see they've put a bit of effort into it, looks quite nice from what you can see in those small vids. Finally give my 9700 a chance to break into a sweat.

When's it out?

It looks ****e compared to most games nower-days. Your 9700 won't break a sweat

It alledgedly out at the end of may, and to get all of the movies in one package, have a look HERE Must admit they do look pretty good, I can't wait now. Let the modding commence :)

When's it out?

*sigh*

Yes, ok, whatever you say.

Please, tell me some more about how consoles rule the world.

When's it out?

*sigh*

he isn't saying the console looks better... this game looks crap graphic wise just like it did on the console. If you think that's good graphics, I doubt you've installed ur ATI drivers at all.

I wonder if they'll make that multiplayer mod work for VC

people will probably attempt it like they are doing with GTA3, but I any multiplayer will be released with the game

When's it out?

*sigh*

he isn't saying the console looks better... this game looks crap graphic wise just like it did on the console. If you think that's good graphics, I doubt you've installed ur ATI drivers at all.

Yeah, that's right, I haven't installed my video drivers :rolleyes:

Of course there are better looking games out there, I was implying that my 9700 Pro has had nothing to do because there's been **** all to play on it. Therefore - breaking a sweat, do you understand?

And compared to GTA3 on the PC, this is an improvement.

And regarding the console comment, perhaps you just haven't noticed King Mustards stance in regards to gaming. Stuff like "OMG, the PS2 is only 300MHz, and you need a 2GHz PC to play the same games, stupid." And more along those lines.

Exactly JK1150!

And Dazzla, admit it, console framrates ARE better and most of the games DO look better. PC don't have many excellent looking games, and those that are need a ?1000 PC to run decently

See, there we go. Console frame rates aren't better, GTA3 on the PS2 ran at 30fps and under, you get frame rates in the hundreds on a PC. And you forget, you're on a PC now, they're not soley games machines. That's why they cost more.

well i have one of the oldest pc in the world

and i can run almost any game

splinter cell sim city and also vice city

i have a geforce 4 mx 440 64mb

See, there we go. Console frame rates aren't better, GTA3 on the PS2 ran at 30fps and under, you get frame rates in the hundreds on a PC. And you forget, you're on a PC now, they're not soley games machines. That's why they cost more.

Most console games run @ 60 FPS

Uhhh, VC? How do you know that? lol

Really? Did GTA:VC run at 60fps? Seeing as this game is the topic of discussion?

No.

If you named some of the best console games ever, none of them run at 60fps. Halo, Goldeneye, Zelda. None. Doesn't detract from the game of course, just makes your statement seem stupid.

No but that was related to the streaming part of the game. Also, if you remember, GTA3 on PC was locked @ 30 FPS too

No but that was related to the streaming part of the game. Also, if you remember, GTA3 on PC was locked @ 30 FPS too

OMG, no it wasn't. I played it with frame rates in the hundreds. Sorry.

well gta has almost the sam specs as vice city

i got a

amd 800m

192MB

20 gig hd space

geforce 4 64mb videochip

i'll bet that i can play vice city

OMG, no it wasn't. I played it with frame rates in the hundreds. Sorry.

Yes, it WAS. There was a 'Frame Limiter' option in the game and it was enabled by default. Fair enough, you could disable it but the game didn't react very well to it due to syncing problems

well gta has almost the sam specs as vice city

i got a

amd 800m

192MB

20 gig hd space

geforce 4 64mb videochip

i'll bet that i can play vice city

GTA3:VC will run slower than GTA3 on the same hardware, since it looks a LOT better

Yes, it WAS. There was a 'Frame Limiter' option in the game and it was enabled by default. Fair enough, you could disable it but the game didn't react very well to it due to syncing problems

Oh my god! You just contradicted yourself. You said it was limited, then said it wasn't.

Frame limiter off = more then 30 fps, end of story. You were blatently shown up.

Uh, no. I re-read what I wrote it was was correct.

The game comes with the Frame Limiter option ENABLED (i.e. the game limited the FPS to 30)

If it was DISABLED, there general was a syncing problem with most PCs

Uhhh, VC? How do you know that? lol

Still, you can get 2 to 3 times that on the PC. So in what way are console framerates better?

Also, you dont have AA, I dont think you have trilinear filtering or any of that good stuff. Plus the TV screen isnt as close to your face when you are playing a game as the monitor, and if it is you have problems. The fact is PC games look better. Just leave it at that, because its true. I dont see a ATI Radeon 9800 in the Xbox. The fact is PC is upgradeable to a huge degree. Any game on a console can and does look better on a good PC and even some mediocre ones. :angry: