Star Trek Into Darkness

I saw the new Star Trek Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. A sequel would sit fine with me. I did feel that Shatner should have done the voiceover at the end, though.

Id be more then happy with a sequel - infact Im counting down the days until it happens!

Whilst I like the movie, I do not agree with the plot itself !

And to do more (to me anyway being an original trekie) just destroys the original TV series and that I am not in favor of at all !!!!

And now to think of the return of Khan or the "original" kirk is just not right. Ricardo Montalban is DEAD and William Shatner these days is frankly unrecogisable as he used to be when he appeared as James T. Kirk.

Lastly are they changing things around it just destroys all the memories of what was.

I have the original series on DVD as well as the next generation.

Quite frankly I don't like the current movie as "Vulcan" was NEVER destroyed in the original series, in fact it played a pivotal role in original series quiet a few times.

Not mention that in the original series spock was already serving on the enterprise before Kirk transferred to it as captain. So the current movie how it sets out the senario is totally different to the original. And that is why many trekies just won't like it.

As a movie it is great, as a star trek movie NO WAY !

• 2 months later...

Zoe Saldana says you shouldn't believe protestations by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman that they've barely even started talking about the next Trek script: She believes it's probably about half done. And she's sure the Spock/Uhura relationship will continue:

I am excited to see what they're going to do with their relationship in relation to what happened to Vulcan and what kind of responsibilities Spock is going to have in this next journey. Not only in his personal side but in terms of he's a race in extinction now.

[Sci Fi Wire]

I wonder if Spock applies his vulcan logic when they make love.

"No Uhura, the most logical course of action to prevent procreation is anal..."

I think brining Shatner on board would require yet more time travel, and I don't care for that. Khan might be interesting, given the right spin. Why not just bring the Borg in since in this new time line anything is possible?

I somehow don't see Spock thinking "Up the bum, no harm done!"

I think brining Shatner on board would require yet more time travel, and I don't care for that. Khan might be interesting, given the right spin. Why not just bring the Borg in since in this new time line anything is possible?

Well, the Borg are kind of already "in," since the events in Enterprise happened before Nero came in and screwed up the timeline even more. It wouldn't be a big leap to have them show up in the next movie. We already have a movie dedicated to the Borg, though, so I'd rather see something fresh.

I will never get enough Borg

Me either. They are by far the most interesting villains Star trek has ever created.

Or they could bring back Harry Mudd. :D

If you read the latest update to the Star Trek Online MMO timeline (dated 2389 I believe) you will find they specifically mention that the Enterprise-E under the command of Captain Data detected several residual signatures from Species 8472. Among other tidbits of information of course.

But that's the game. Though, I'd love to see Species 8472 in the next movie, that just seems impossible for two reasons.

1. Species 8472 would wipe the floor with Starfleet of the new Trek Universe

2. The Federation has no clue about Species 8472 in this new Universe (unless you are going to assume things work out in the end and Voyager does get lost in the same way down the road in the Delta quadrant etc etc but still that would be over a century later)

Plus, the Borg would just be dumb. Think about it. Yes they had the Borg in during Enterprise's time, but that was much more easily dealt with because the Borg could only use the tech available to them (as is the case with any Borg really). But now we have a full on Federation/Starfleet with advanced ships and stuff. If the Borg just came from the Delta quadrant, they'd rape Earth pretty quick I'd imagine. Unless, unless you have a special "kill Borg" clause in the movie, where Picard shows up with Data and beats them by putting them all to sleep.

Data and beats them down with his mighty android strength

Fixed ;)

Not another Borg movie, First Contact was great, but you don't want to see the same thing all over again.

They could do the borg angle as the Narrada used hybrid romulan/borg technology which is why the Narrada could rip through any Federation ships shields.

EXCLUSIVE: Eric Bana Will Not Return for Star Trek Sequel

Today we caught up with actor Eric Bana, who was promoting his upcoming film The Time Traveler's Wife, and he revealed that his role in one of the year's biggest films was a one-time-only deal. Bana confirmed to us exclusively that he will not reprise his Nero character in a sequel to Star Trek.

We reported last month that Star Trek writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have already begun planning the script to the sequel, but they never mentioned Nero specifically and it seems that Bana will not come back for the part.

We'll certainly keep you posted on any and all breaking news items dealing with a Star Trek sequel as soon as we have more information. The Time Traveler's Wife stars Eric Bana, Rachel McAdams, Ron Livingston, Jane McLean and will be released nationwide on August 14.

Well, I'd rather not have more Nero anyways. The way the movie ended was fine, let it stay like that. Lets not fall into this never ending cycle of the same handfull of bad guys who keep coming back over and over. DAMN YOU dc AND MARVEL COMICS!!!!

Anyways, I'm with many who say we should get something new and fresh. A good chunk of action and a nice mix of mystory and suspense.

:rofl: nah I bet he would say " Anal is morally obligatory, but not morally praiseworthy" :p

Well, I'd rather not have more Nero anyways. The way the movie ended was fine, let it stay like that. Lets not fall into this never ending cycle of the same handfull of bad guys who keep coming back over and over. DAMN YOU dc AND MARVEL COMICS!!!!

Anyways, I'm with many who say we should get something new and fresh. A good chunk of action and a nice mix of mystory and suspense.

Yeah IMO nero is dead... don't bring him back !

And yeah if JJ abrams is not back... it WILL blow...

Yeah the sequel is absolutely going to kick arse... but I know I'm dreaming here but please please make a DS9/Voyager movie featuring the Borg. That would make my life worthwhile please thank you Star Trek writers :)

Yeah the sequel is absolutely going to kick arse... but I know I'm dreaming here but please please make a DS9/Voyager movie featuring the Borg. That would make my life worthwhile please thank you Star Trek writers :)

I don't understand why everybody wants another movie dedicated to the Borg. Almost the entire last season of Voyager was dedicated to the Borg. Definately start a new aliean species. Enterprise Archer had the balls to bring in the Xindi, which were a very good twist IMO, Enterprise alternate can have the same balls and bring in something fresh.

• 1 month later...

I hope they mention Cpt J Archer, at the very least.

i think Star Trek wants to move beyond Archer and act like it didn't happen, although I think it had some of the best shows out of any of the series.

I hope they mention Cpt J Archer, at the very least.

He was already mentioned in the latest film, scotty talks about "Admiral Archer", his beagle and a certain experiment, leading you to believe it is the same one.

Though the dates are a bit weird, I know humans are suppose to live a bit longer in the future, but the year in the last Enterprise episode is 2161, the newest film takes place in 2257. And Captain Archer was a good bit old by the end of Enterprise anyway.

But who knows, I think it was just meant as a throw back to us nerds who are quite pleased with ourselves for knowing such things, lol.

i think Star Trek wants to move beyond Archer and act like it didn't happen, although I think it had some of the best shows out of any of the series.

I re-watched the whole series in about a week and half during my summer holiday this year, and I never thought it was bad as people made it out to be.

I re-watched the whole series in about a week and half during my summer holiday this year, and I never thought it was bad as people made it out to be.

The quality of a show is different when viewing it on a weekly basis and the entire series/several seasons within a week. There were a number of episodes in season 2 of Lost that I couldn't stand several years ago, but going through my personal recap (watching all seasons over again), they were much more enjoyable the second time through because I was able to see multiple ones in one sitting.