Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

Star Trek Into Darkness

1,130 posts in this topic

Hate to break it to ya, but it comes out in May. :)

March, May, whatever, it can't come quick enough. Anyways, I have March stuck in my head because of another movie.

This Japanese extended version of the Teaser would hint that the story may contain a "Wrath of Khan" moment .... and not the good kind.

"Full STAR TREK trailer indicates hands against glass scene is actually Spock and Cumberbatch. If he?s Sybock? Well, kudos.

That said, Cumberbatch does NOT have Vulcan ears. Hands against glass scene seems to be Cumby in the brig.

Trailer opens with Pike VO, telling Kirk he has courage but no humility, and someday that will get him and his crew killed.

Oh yeah: there?s space stuff in the full TREK trailer. Space combat. Guy in a space suit zooming around."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71065

Sybock was never a real villain. And oh dear God, is he one of the most reviled characters. EVER.

I doubt it's Sybock though, why would he want revenge exactly? I doubt they'd reuse the same planet losing revenge plot they used in the first movie again. Plus the ear differences gives it away.

Details of the 9 Minute Footage is released:

"The first half of the footage begins with Noel Clarke and Kayla Hassan as parents visiting their sick child ? who appears to be losing her hair ? in the hospital. We see Cumberbatch come up from behind Clarke while he is standing on a terrace grieving and the mystery man says, ?I can save her. I can save your daughter.? As an extra tease, Clarke actually asks Cumberbatch who he is, but instead of getting an answer we just get a slow zoom on the Sherlock actor?s face. So we know that his character has some kind of healing ability ? whether he?s a doctor or it?s something supernatural ? but we remain in the dark about his actual name.

That part takes up all of two minutes, leaving the rest of the footage to focus on the crew of the Enterprise ? Abrams? really living up to his word in that respect. As seen in the trailer that was released this past week, Kirk (Chris Pine) and Bones (Karl Urban) are down on a strange planet with weird red plants running for their life while Uhura (Zoe Saldana), Sulu (John Cho) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) are flying around on a hovercraft somewhere else on the same world dealing with an erupting volcano that threatens to destroy everything on the planet (this also happens to be the scene where Spock is wearing the volcano suit that we got to see not only in on-set photos but also the three-frame clip that Abrams brought to Conan last month). It?s an interesting way to re-introduce the characters, as they are seemingly three-quarters through a mission we know very little about, but it?s definitely thrilling and by the end the stakes are so high that you become immediately engaged with what?s going on."

capture.png

Bigger Version!

itkkGgQ0EGk9i.jpg

This thought just occurred to me: What if we see a combination of Gary Mitchell and Khan Noonien Singh? A human augment is exposed to negative energy instead of Gary Mitchell. It's what gave him his powers and it would explain the superhuman strength of Benedict's character.

Also, I wonder if he's moving the Enterprise (or whatever ship it is) over the water with his mind. It doesn't look like the ship has the correct orientation for it to be moving ahead like that. It reminds me of the submarine scene from X-Men: First Class where Magneto lifts up a sub from under the water.

Ugh... It's NOT Khan! Khan was NEVER in Starfleet, Never attacked the Klingons, or never made it anywhere NEAR Earth. The Botany Bay in this universe is still drifting somewhere around in space, waiting to be found.

The caption for this new Star Trek Into Darkness photo lists Benedict Cumberbatch as playing John Harrison

John Harrison

See! It's Khan! I told it was Khan! I knew all along it had to be Khan! I can't wait to see Benedict's Khan!

/s

On a more serious note, Who the hell is John Harrison!?

See! It's Khan! I told it was Khan! I knew all along it had to be Khan! I can't wait to see Benedict's Khan!

/s

On a more serious note, Who the hell is John Harrison!?

probably a code name as they don't want to give it away? *shrugs*

People keep forgetting that Peter Weller's character still hasn't even been introduced yet. Maybe Paramount and JJ are throwing a huge curveball at us by making us think that Cumberbatch is the main villain?

Q! LOL

So does anybody know if his character is Khan or not? I would imagine they would go after a different actor for a genetically engineered super race. This guy looks badass whoever he is though.

So does anybody know if his character is Khan or not? I would imagine they would go after a different actor for a genetically engineered super race. This guy looks badass whoever he is though.

all we know is what was with the picture "John Harrison"

Bigger Version! itkkGgQ0EGk9i.jpg

1000px-Mitchell_attempts_to_escape_holding_cell.jpg

People keep forgetting that Peter Weller's character still hasn't even been introduced yet. Maybe Paramount and JJ are throwing a huge curveball at us by making us think that Cumberbatch is the main villain?

I noticed that today on the movie's IMDB page. As for the name John Harrison, the only thing that seems to be connected is this character and the episode of TOS where he lost consciousness ("Space Seed"). It's the same episode where Khan Noonien Singh is introduced. If this is a subtle hint at who the villain is, then it's possible that we'll see a different human augment.

"John Harrison" has the same number of letters as "Gary Mitchell"... :shiftyninja:

1 person likes this

tumblr_meu62xL05A1rpmwjko1_500.jpg

tumblr_meu62xL05A1rpmwjko2_500.jpg

Top: the new image from Star Trek Into Darkness

Bottom: image from Where No Man Has Gone Before

Very similar setup with a containment cell, and then there is Alice Eve?s resemblance to Sally Kellerman?s character. If Cumberbatch isn?t playing some version of Gary Mitchell, I?ll be surprised.

1 person likes this

saw the trailer the other day...very excited!

tumblr_meu62xL05A1rpmwjko1_500.jpg

tumblr_meu62xL05A1rpmwjko2_500.jpg

It's Khan!

(OK, I'm done now. :p )