Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

Star Trek Into Darkness

1,130 posts in this topic

Q! LOL

Wouldn't it be awesome though if Cumberbach played Q?

Wouldn't it be awesome though if Cumberbach played Q?

I want another Q. I love the whole "god complex" creature with infinite curiosity.

IT'S TRELANE!

tumblr_meu62xL05A1rpmwjko1_500.jpg

tumblr_meu62xL05A1rpmwjko2_500.jpg

It's definitely Gary Mitchel. I don't think they are going to do Khan now. They are going to wait until the next movie for that.

There?s a press event for Star Trek Into Darkness going down this evening, and tweets from reporters in attendance have answered one major question about the Trek sequel. Alice Eve, pictured above, is apparently playing

Carol Marcus, the woman who was the mother of Kirk?s son, David, in the earlier Trek films

. What does this mean for Into Darkness, and with regards to Cumberbatch?s role?

More...

Ok...now I totally know who Cumberbatch is playing.

VGER

:rofl:

Before Khan comes back, I should say it is thought that the young blonde lab tech Mitchell introduces Kirk to in "WNMHGB", is

Carol Marcus

. Maybe JJ might be setting something up here for the third film.

capture.png

I don't see the woman being Carol Marcus. If I recall, Kirk decided to go "back" to Starfleet rather than carry on the relationship. I think that rules out Carol Marcus even BEING in Starfleet.

As for the screenshot, it's interesting that Cumberpatch is wearing a shirt with the Starfeel insignia. I guess they did say a threat from within Starfleet. Wouldn't it be cool if it was the species that took over people's bodies in TNG?

I don't see the woman being Carol Marcus. If I recall, Kirk decided to go "back" to Starfleet rather than carry on the relationship. I think that rules out Carol Marcus even BEING in Starfleet.

As for the screenshot, it's interesting that Cumberpatch is wearing a shirt with the Starfeel insignia. I guess they did say a threat from within Starfleet. Wouldn't it be cool if it was the species that took over people's bodies in TNG?

Except that it is now confirmed to be her. Check trekmovie.com for more info.

There is no canon timeline for the alternate universe, they can put characters in whatever situation they want to now.

Except that it is now confirmed to be her. Check trekmovie.com for more info.

According to that site Cumberbatch will be called Harrison in the movie so that puts Gary Mitchell out the window I suppose

Wow it is confirmed to be Carol Marcus? I know the timeline is different but I didn't think they would change it that much. In ST 2, it was implied that the two were together when Kirk had left Starfleet and he left her to return. If it indeed is her in this movie, I wonder if SHE leaves to be a private scientist to invent the Genesis Device.

1 person likes this

There is no canon timeline for the alternate universe, they can put characters in whatever situation they want to now.

Not strictly true - Enterprise is still canon in this timeline!

Sorry to spoil all the speculation guys but have you seen Benedict Cumberbatch's ear closely?

This dude is a Vulcan. This ain't no Gary Mitchel or anything close to it. This character is Vulcan, which probably explains why he and Spock are touching on the glass and if you see closely to that scene, Spock is touching the glass with the Vulcan salute. This dude is related to Spock some how. The ear is there to prove he is not human.

acgJeIG2.jpg

The timeline is so screwed up now that I don't know what is what. I wish they had left the timelines alone.

Sorry to spoil all the speculation guys but have you seen Benedict Cumberbatch's ear closely?

This dude is a Vulcan. This ain't no Gary Mitchel or anything close to it. This character is Vulcan, which probably explains why he and Spock are touching on the glass and if you see closely to that scene, Spock is touching the glass with the Vulcan salute. This dude is related to Spock some how. The ear is there to prove he is not human.

acgJeIG2.jpg

Perhaps you're over estimating Cumberbatch's ear?

220px-Benedict_Cumberbatch_2011_(jpg).jpg

Benedict+Cumberbatch+Sherlock+Holmes.jpg

benedict_cumberbatch_shoot_wp_by_mirachancookie-d329ko5.png

or reading to much into it...as far as we know so far Harrison is his name in the movie

or reading to much into it...as far as we know so far Harrison is his name in the movie

His name was Robert Poulsen.

1 person likes this

His name was Robert Poulsen.

rotflmao.gif

Well there we go, it's John Harrison. Was that so hard Abrams?

Well there we go, it's John Harrison. Was that so hard Abrams?

We all know what Abrams is like with his secrets :p

We all know what Abrams is like with his secrets :p

I'm usually in favor of them, but sometimes it's just obnoxious.

Who was it that was going to eat a stick of deodrant on youtube if he was wrong? :p (claiming it was Gary Mitchell)