Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

Star Trek Into Darkness

1,130 posts in this topic

I don't see the woman being Carol Marcus. If I recall, Kirk decided to go "back" to Starfleet rather than carry on the relationship. I think that rules out Carol Marcus even BEING in Starfleet.

Alternate reality. Anything is possible.

1 person likes this

Wow it is confirmed to be Carol Marcus? I know the timeline is different but I didn't think they would change it that much. In ST 2, it was implied that the two were together when Kirk had left Starfleet and he left her to return. If it indeed is her in this movie, I wonder if SHE leaves to be a private scientist to invent the Genesis Device.

Yes, Alice Eve is playing Carol Marcus. Oh, and by the way, she's hot.

abhRPdfx.jpg

Yes, Alice Eve is playing Carol Marcus. Oh, and by the way, she's hot.

abhRPdfx.jpg

Yes she is and that's a good thing. :)

On Tuesday, Benedict did reveal, however, some new details to Access? MovieMantz at the junket for the first nine minutes of the film, ?Star Trek Into Darkness,? which was first screened for journalists over the weekend.

?I play John Harrison who?s a terrorist and an extraordinary character in his own right,? the Brit said. ?He?s somebody who is not your two-dimensional cookie cutter villain. He?s got an extraordinary purpose, and I hope that at one point or other in the film you might even sympathize with the reasons he?s doing what he?s doing ? not necessarily the means and the destruction he causes. But it was a great ride, not just because he?s the bad guy and the antagonist but also because he has a purpose and it?s hard not to see his point of view at certain points.?

On Tuesday, Benedict did reveal, however, some new details to Access? MovieMantz at the junket for the first nine minutes of the film, ?Star Trek Into Darkness,? which was first screened for journalists over the weekend.

Source?

Who was it that was going to eat a stick of deodrant on youtube if he was wrong? :p (claiming it was Gary Mitchell)

That would be me. Nom nom nom. But please, do hold me to my word, but I will wait until it comes out.

Also: Black starfleet uniform. No a cookie cutter villain... PLEASE - Section 31? Please? S31 intrigue me greatly!

Oh yeah - bringing in Section 31 (the Federation Secret Police) would toss a big monkey wrench into things. Jeezzzz....

I love how they kept us guessing about characters and so on. This just helps to buld up excitement for the movie more.

Longish article on Superhero Hype about their visit to Bad Robot Productions, makeup, F/X, some of the aliens and other interesting stuff.

Link....

Waited 4 years for the damned sequel because everyone was off working on projects 'more important' than Star Trek, like the fetid 'Cowboys and Aliens'...

Paramount needs someone to watch over their crown jewel who will actually give a **** about it and get the movies onto a more timely schedule....

The new actors will be as old as Shatner and Nimoy before they get around to making the third movie.

I wondered if the site would bleep the **** or just censor the post...

If the sequel makes even more money than the first then they'll make the third one quicker I guarantee you.

IT'S GARY MITCHELL!!! Sweet lord, if I am wrong you can hold me to this and I will eat a stick of deodorant on youtube! LOL

Lynx flavor would be amusing , come on now chop chop lol

Looks like the 10 min preview is out ..... :shiftyninja: (usual places , I'm sure you could find it if you wanted,)

1 person likes this

Not on YouTube. :(

Someone should post a link. But I dunno how good it will be to watch it. Spoilers and all, I'll probably break down and watch it though.

I would post a link to it , but I'm not sure if id get banned ? The copy is a cam and its pretty bad but watchable. 147mb

Err....RSLOG....hint hint.

I'll just wait. Don't want to spoil anything.

remember star trek (original series) was flagged as a bomb but look at how it exploded. star trek has its followers just as star wars does. both are never really going to fly off in to the distance just yet.

saw the 10min clip today @ the hobbit...nothing to go nuts over - i was kind of disappointed. the majority of it felt like filler (though one important thing)

There's a link i can give but again not sure if Neowin would warn me if i post.

MOAR PLEASE!

The 2nd half of that trailer gave me goosebumps.

As much as I want him to be Gary Mitchell (or another TOS related villian) I'm still wary of anything they do that's new in this universe. Not that Nero was bad, but technically he was a prime universe bad guy :D

Also, why is Spock (or whoever it is) base jumping IN SPACE? :p