Star Trek Into Darkness

That is a very cool scene.

I really wish Paramount would redo the visual effects on the movies, especially the effects on Star Trek V, and re-release them on Blu-Ray.

That was really cool and a great re-creation of the scene from the movie but it isn't total accurate. During that scene in the movie you see a lot of the battle damage from movie 2 of the battle with Khan. In this re-creation, the ship looks brand new.

• Like 1

How the &@#&%*^@#% did Khan go from Indian to British!? :pinch: If indeed he is an augment, chances are he's just one of Khan's goons. Alternate timeline or not, it still doesn't explain his change of ethnicity. The events of his "demise" in 1996 are still unchanged, since they happened before Nero's arrival.

May be he migrated in the alternate timeline? :p

Yes. People seem to forget this is another timeline, where everything is different.

Yes. People seem to forget this is another timeline, where everything is different.

Actually, it's the same prime universe up until the beginning of Star Trek (2009). The moment the Narada appeared is when the alternate reality was created. Khan was born in the mid-20th century, well before the events of the movie so he was unaffected by the changes.

I highly doubt Benedict's character is Khan. It's more likely that someone else found the superhuman sleeper ship and instead of Kirk waking up Khan in the prime universe, Benedict's character was woken up to possibly work for Starfleet. I think this is where Section 31 comes into play. They probably wanted the ultimate commander and must have trained Benedict's character. And because of his superhuman intellect, he's able to learn faster and retain more information than a normal human. Why else would he be wearing a Starfleet uniform in the trailers?

I really wish Paramount would redo the visual effects on the movies, especially the effects on Star Trek V, and re-release them on Blu-Ray.

George Lucas was crucified when he did that to Star Wars.

George Lucas was crucified when he did that to Star Wars.

I'm not sure anyone would cry over Star Trek V. The only thing that would save the movie, though, is a new plot.

I'm not sure anyone would cry over Star Trek V. The only thing that would save the movie, though, is a new plot.

I must be one of the few who actually like the 5th movie it seems. I think it went close to the heart of what is trek, going where no one has gone before, first ship to make it through the great barrier and all that. Plus I liked how focused on the characters and their relationships with each other are, plus seeing key moments for each of their pasts that defined them in life. I also really liked Kirks understanding that he'd die alone in the end, I thought it was a very strong message.

c?2144503=KEElWurypq-rvThDaRsvTXUmWdY

On the Klingons.

"We shot some stuff that had klingons in it and then we ended up cutting the scene so it's a deleted scene on the dvd but they are back in this one. Their role in this is definitely adversarial and you'll see how that plays out. But you don't have to know about any preexisting stories to watch this film.

• 2 weeks later...
Star Trek Into Darkness is easily this year's most highly anticipated sci-fi movie, and it has today been confirmed that it will be released in the UK one week earlier on May 9th, 2013. It is still set to open in North America on the 17th as of right now, while it becomes yet another blockbuster to come out in the UK on a Thursday instead of Friday (Iron Man 3's release was recently brought forward to April 25th).

After watching the latest trailer again I am really starting to believe that this has something to do with khan. Watch the trailer and begin to really look start at the 1:40 mark. You'll see that (I believe Spock and Kirk) are doing the Vulcan hand sign between glass. This is just like the scene in movie 2 between Spock and Kirk when Spock is dying from radiation after fixing the warp drive.

Here is the one from Fandango

http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/startrekintodarkness-trailer/131560/2313383089