Star Trek Into Darkness

I expect this one to do better than the first one so a third is a given, but man, 2016? Too long again!

I expect this one to do better than the first one so a third is a given, but man, 2016? Too long again!

I prefer that they take their time to do the next one and not hurry a script and make a junk movie. Look what happened to the Star Trek TNG movies. The were "hurried" and they all sucked, except for First Contact with "Generations" being the most embarrassing and worst of all. Such a great opportunity to create a wonderful story and they blew it with stupidity, poor acting and a boring plot, not to mention the recycled TV series horrible visual effects they used in it.

I prefer that they take their time to do the next one and not hurry a script and make a junk movie. Look what happened to the Star Trek TNG movies. The were "hurried" and they all sucked, except for First Contact with "Generations" being the most embarrassing and worst of all. Such a great opportunity to create a wonderful story and they blew it with stupidity, poor acting and a boring plot, not to mention the recycled TV series horrible visual effects they used in it.

Not rushing it I agree with but the 2nd script has been done for a year I bet, unless the writers are busy with other films which might be the case I'd say they could have a third script done by this time next year.

This Uhura does a lot more than the old one ever did.

I'm sure Gene would've used her more in the tv show if he could get away with it. Being in the 60s and all he was pushing the whole race thing pretty far already. That said it always struck me as odd that they'd never take the top language/translator with them when visiting some alien planet for the first time. Oh well.

2016 would be in time for the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek I believe, but it would be a close run thing following a year after Star Wars Episode VII

Yeah, that ship that warped in/whatever looked way to Prime universe for me. Maybe it's Kirk!

No, it's the bad guys top secret ship, I bet it's built using reverse engineered romulan tech bits they salvaged from the first movie but that's just a guess I have.