Star Trek Into Darkness

As for what the sequel will be about, it could be something totally new or it could be something we've already seen in the main TOS universe (e.g. V'Ger, Sybok, General Chang).

No, no, and no! V'Ger story, was "eh" at best, I REFUSE to believe Sybok even exists, and General Chang was a great story line (Then again so was ST: TWoK, but Abrams ****ed with it anyway).

No, no, and no! V'Ger story, was "eh" at best, I REFUSE to believe Sybok even exists, and General Chang was a great story line (Then again so was

ST: TWoK

but Abrams ****ed with it anyway).

Actually i reckon exploring v'gers possible links with the borg could be pretty awesome.

Also put a spoiler tag on the

just incase someone hasn't seen the new movie.

Actually i reckon exploring v'gers possible links with the borg could be pretty awesome.

Also put a spoiler tag on the

just incase someone hasn't seen the new movie.

The only thing is, the Borg have existed far longer than our space program did. They were known to have assimilated a handful of planets far back as the Renaissance Period. If Abrams were to do a Borg story, **** would hit the fan fast, as I think he has the power to make the Borg "cool" again, and to give them the power that Voyager took away from them.

The only thing is, the Borg have existed far longer than our space program did. They were known to have assimilated a handful of planets far back as the Renaissance Period. If Abrams were to do a Borg story, **** would hit the fan fast, as I think he has the power to make the Borg "cool" again, and to give them the power that Voyager took away from them.

Absolutely. That's why exploring the borg in tandem with the v'ger probe would be pretty epic. Appease the fans with comic based backstory and show the good bits in the movie.

It may be awhile and I'd rather wait longer if J.J. Abrams directs it. He's going to direct the next Star Wars movie so I wouldn't expect another Star Trek movie, directed by him, for at least another 6 years.

From what I understand they're going to go ahead without him for the next film but have him as an executive producer, as 2016 will be the 50th anniverary. There's an IMDB page that seems to support this and this page supports that as well.

Absolutely. That's why exploring the borg in tandem with the v'ger probe would be pretty epic. Appease the fans with comic based backstory and show the good bits in the movie.

I wish they could fit the Borg into the Abrams universe but I don't think it would work. The Borg isn't a part of the TOS universe. Unless there's remnants of Borg technology from 2153 (Regeneration), I don't see how they can be a threat. It's an alternate reality so they don't have to play by the same rules.

From what I understand they're going to go ahead without him for the next film but have him as an executive producer, as 2016 will be the 50th anniverary. There's an IMDB page that seems to support this and this page supports that as well.

I see. I'd prefer it if Abrams directed it because I like his directing style, minus the lens flares. But of course, I'd be happy with anything Star Trek.

I was waiting for B Braga to somehow give Archer's Enterprise a transphasic torpedo or two so he could blow up a cube in one shot.

I have to say I was really impressed with the movie - I was disappointed that after only one week Carmike whom I normally go to put the sucker in one of their smaller theaters to make way for Epic...but over all a great movie.

I enjoyed the movie, and as a big Star Trek fan I loved the references to other movies. I wonder if anyone picked up on the ST6 homage or if it was lost in all the other ones?

Also if the next movie is 3 years, 2016, that'd be great. The fact they also just started their mission means that the next movie could have us go back a bit to the roots and have the crew run into something totally new out there. Or we could just have run-ins with Klingons and more fights. A mix of both sounds even better though.

New theory: John Harrison isn't Khan, but Joaquin (or another augment) using his name to protect him.

• Like 1

Thank you for answering that. Did the movie explain that? I just remember them explaining that

Khan and his crew were exiled and they put themselves to sleep, then the Admiral found them and woke Khan up to build weapons for the war, which seemed like the Admiral was wanting, not that it was inevitable.

Khan also despises people that he feels are of a lesser status in intellectual capability and was one of the reasons he enjoyed the cat and mouse game with Kirk (besides his wife).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451613490

No, no, and no! V'Ger story, was "eh" at best, I REFUSE to believe Sybok even exists, and General Chang was a great story line (Then again so was ST: TWoK, but Abrams ****ed with it anyway).

V'Ger, you mean Nomad... :)

New theory: John Harrison isn't Khan, but Joaquin (or another augment) using his name to protect him.

That's an interesting theory but given the events in Star Trek Into Darkness, it would seem like a huge waste. It would only make sense if the real Khan is awoken but who would do that? Admiral Marcus was a part of Section 31 and he did it out of desperation. I can see it happening if war breaks out between the Federation and Klingons but I feel like we'll see a near-miss, just like the main universe movies (e.g. No Country for Old Men).

Exactly. Let's suggest the Excelsior project was at similar stages, but then the focus shifted from exploration to defence, Sec31 took that tech and weaponised it...

Vengeance = Reliant + Excelsior.

Remember, you're in a new timeline.

never found out if the vengeance blew up or not, we saw some bits exploding and that was it. vengeance looked a bit like something from enterprise but from the future.

I still think the enterprise interior is pretty crap looking like in engineering.....looks like a factory. even enterprise managed to have a star trek engineering with warp core, consoles etc. and that was set before kirk. corridors and bridge look alright, but still too many lens flares. I keep wondering if JJ has actually watched any "proper" trek. I know it's a re-imaging, but come on, some things needed to be done better.

I still think the enterprise interior is pretty crap looking like in engineering.....looks like a factory

Ever been to the engine room on a real ship?

While all the tubes are plausible, I prefer the more control center feel or even the ENT approach too. Its a stylistic choice, but no other show/movie had ever made me think 'they must have a ton of space plumbers'. They aren't cooling a nuclear reactor in there.

• Like 1

While all the tubes are plausible, I prefer the more control center feel or even the ENT approach too. Its a stylistic choice, but no other show/movie had ever made me think 'they must have a ton of space plumbers'. They aren't cooling a nuclear reactor in there.

That reminded me about how a coolant leak brought down the Enterprise D. XD . Maybe they should hire more "plumbers".

yes, on old boats that are museums...

star trek is set in the future, or have you forgotten that? none of the other movies or series had engine rooms that looked like a giant warehouse/factory with girders and tanks everywhere and massive pipes. even the tos engineering looks better imo and that's really basic & dated.

yes, on old boats that are museums...

star trek is set in the future, or have you forgotten that? none of the other movies or series had engine rooms that looked like a giant warehouse/factory with girders and tanks everywhere and massive pipes. even the tos engineering looks better imo and that's really basic & dated.

That reminded me about how a coolant leak brought down the Enterprise D. XD . Maybe they should hire more "plumbers".

Hehe, quite true, but I think the difference remains that 'plasma coolant' is quite a different animal than water systems used in 'old boats'. ;)

Re: the water plant -

Water is a good coolant, can be catalyzed into O2 and H2 for breathing and for making methane (a fuel, chemical precursor, and also an easy way to "store" hydrogen - a testy thing to store otherwise) using the Sabatier process, sewage, drinking, bathing etc. etc. It's uses are endless, and superheated steam is a great propellant (ex: nuclear thermal rocket.)

You have thousands of people on a ship the size of a small city, trillions of miles in space with all those potential uses and you don't think they'd need a large closed-cycle water treatment plant on board?