windows 2003 corp version

the enterprise, web, & standard corp version of w2k3 released onto the net use the same key. does this mean that the corp key works for one of the corp versions & the other two get converted into corp versions?? If so which version do the corp files originally belong to, std, ent, or web?? If not, are the 3 versions in ftfiso-3-in-1 real, & unmodified corp??

Also, How is it possible that the 3 versions get fit into a cd??

any explanation is greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure that MS releases corp versions of all 3, and the files that make them corp are the same - so they could have been taken from any of the 3... I am not sure about the ftfiso one, if it didnt say VLK, or corp in the file name or NFO i would assume its unpatched... the 3 versions fit on one cd because they all use many of the same files and theres a weird way to burn them so that they all share files, but appear multiple times on the CD

Most of the files are identical between the 3 versions, they all use the same base files, and then the ones that are different are selected depending on the version chosen.

I think the one serial works for all because I don't believe there is a real corp version. I can't see why there would be, its not like there are hundreds of servers to activate per company, and they should only have to be done once.

The "corp" version also appears just to be a cracked version of the standard one, it adds a log to the event viewer about a problem with activation on every reboot.

Stick with a legit version, or xp if you are using it as a workstation.

MS releases corp versions of all 3. I just received 2 DVD's from MS, one has 2003 Server Standard, Enterprise and Web for use with my MSDN keys and one DVD that has all 3 server versions but are Volume License Versions and require a Volume License Product Key.

the official name for "corp" versions is volume licensed editions, which use volume licensing keys and modifications to the cd files to activate windows without activating online or over the phone.

edit: oops, didn't see budwizer's post

MS releases corp versions of all 3. I just received 2 DVD's from MS, one has 2003 Server Standard, Enterprise and Web for use with my MSDN keys and one DVD that has all 3 server versions but are Volume License Versions and require a Volume License Product Key.

I fail to see why microsoft would want to do that, its not like there are going to be many servers to be activated, and there is a 60 day period before they need to be activated, which is plenty of time, its not like it would be a huge problem for admins.

Its almost like microsoft wants them to be pirated.

I fail to see why microsoft would want to do that, its not like there are going to be many servers to be activated, and there is a 60 day period before they need to be activated, which is plenty of time, its not like it would be a huge problem for admins.

Its almost like microsoft wants them to be pirated.

some corporations are simply HUGE, like microsoft. those businesses have sites all over the world and use hundereds if not thousands of servers. upgrading the entire corporate network and activating every server (and client, if they upgraded to xp too) would take forever going server to server.

You also have some environments where you simply are not able to get a server connected to the internet, for security or other reasons and it would then require a very manual process on activating those servers.