Another thing I can't stand...

The stupid bar on the bottom.

What pinhead created that.

On xp, I had my most often used apps neatly situated in the quick launch, and when clicked, apps would open to the right.

Now, with this moronic new system...icons get 'pinned'....and when you open up the first one in the list...it pushes the icons across the bottom to the right.

It's unfreakin' believable...

Yet more change for change sake.

fair enough, you may want to stay away from 7 then if change isnt a good thing for you.

I'm confused. After you've pinned icons, when you open the first one, it becomes the running instance. Nothing gets moved unless you open an application you haven't pinned. In that case, it will appear at the right of all your pinned applications. Right?

You can change that functionality. Right-click the taskbar and click Properties. Click Never Combine. Then they open almost like they were before. You may even like it with small icons. I do. Is this what you're asking for?

You could always customize the taskbar to have the old Quick Launch and taskbar... But to call the new taskbar a change for change sake is way off the mark. I actually LOVE the new taskbar. It's certainly made things a lot easier.

I'm confused. After you've pinned icons, when you open the first one, it becomes the running instance. Nothing gets moved unless you open an application you haven't pinned. In that case, it will appear at the right of all your pinned applications. Right?

That's how mine works. Turn down the mouse-over delay, and it works wonderfully as a task switcher even with a metric butt-load of windows open. I personally don't like the default behaviour with IE tabs showing thumbnails, but there's a checkbox for that. :)

And the old-style taskbar is still available too. It's a pretty good system, if you ask me.

You could always customize the taskbar to have the old Quick Launch and taskbar... But to call the new taskbar a change for change sake is way off the mark. I actually LOVE the new taskbar. It's certainly made things a lot easier.

How do you customise it to get the old Taskbar? I would like that.

post-216578-1239069706_thumb.jpg

The 3 icons in the middle ought to be stuck to the left hand side.

That's not how the new taskbar works. If you want the old Quick Launch, you'll have to create a new toolbar by navigating to "C:\Users\nu11\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch", then unlock the taskbar and turn off "Show title" and "Show Text".

I LOVE the new taskbar (Superbar). Frakkin' amazing. I'm using it much like Rocket Dock. In the image below, the highlighted items are running as well as pinned to the taskbar. No pushing things to the right. The most commonly used apps on the bar works PERFECTLY for me. So much so, I can't even bring myself to use Vista anymore.

post-167725-1239070615_thumb.png

Yet more change for change sake.

Just because you're too lazy to look it up doesn't mean there's no reason for the change. How many threads have you made now claiming "change for change's sake" when the explanations are really quite simple? Now THAT is what's unbelievable.

Look, we get it. You hate change, regardless of the reasonable logic that went into the change. That's fine. However, Microsoft took an opportunity to look upon their current interface and fix the elements that were lacking. Unfortunately for you, this involves some change. Get over it. It's for the better, whether you're used to it yet or not. If you don't like it, stick with whatever OS you're using now and don't upgrade.

I initially didn't like the new taskbar after installing the 7000 beta build but after a couple days, I just can't live without it. It has became my new computing method. I might definitely be buying Win7 after having bought XP 10 years ago. There are so much in Win7 that is really worth buying if you have not tried Vista yet.

Hitchhiker427, and people will say "Get on with the times and upgrade everytime a new release comes out. It's best to upgrade by purchasing or building a new computer and purchase the current OS to go with it. Unfortunately not everyone have the cash to do this.

Just because you're too lazy to look it up doesn't mean there's no reason for the change. How many threads have you made now claiming "change for change's sake" when the explanations are really quite simple? Now THAT is what's unbelievable.

It's ok Hitch'...I anticipated such responses from folk like you, and I accept that you have the right to your opinion. However, I do not share it. Nor do I simply "buy" microsofts so called "reasons". I don't challenge your right to accept their reasons. I, on the other hand, reject their reasons as arrogant nonsense. And I will voice my opinion, whether you, or anyone else likes it or not.

Look, we get it. You hate change, regardless of the reasonable logic that went into the change. That's fine. However, Microsoft took an opportunity to look upon their current interface and fix the elements that were lacking. Unfortunately for you, this involves some change. Get over it. It's for the better, whether you're used to it yet or not. If you don't like it, stick with whatever OS you're using now and don't upgrade.

Ah yes, there it is, the good old straw man argument. If I don't like "this" change, I must hate all change...that's so obvious now, isn't it. I guess the fact that I'm actually testing out beta software was a little too subtle for you. :rolleyes:

And no, having my icons moving across the taskbar is not "for the better"....unless you live on the moon.

Hitchhiker427, and people will say "Get on with the times and upgrade everytime a new release comes out. It's best to upgrade by purchasing or building a new computer and purchase the current OS to go with it. Unfortunately not everyone have the cash to do this.

I'm running an Amd PhenomII 810 X4 with 4 gigs of 800mhz DDR2 ram. Perhaps the very bleeding edge, but it otter be more than enough... ;)

I LOVE the new taskbar (Superbar). Frakkin' amazing. I'm using it much like Rocket Dock. In the image below, the highlighted items are running as well as pinned to the taskbar. No pushing things to the right. The most commonly used apps on the bar works PERFECTLY for me. So much so, I can't even bring myself to use Vista anymore.

You sure love multimedia! :woot:

How many media players do you need?

How many media players do you need?

I'm only beta-testing Songbird, but I do like it. My primary music player is Winamp (iTunes I use primarily as a tagger/ripper/burner).

The rest are audio and video conversion tools, I write/create my own music and am experimenting with music-video creation.