Are u in the 30's living with your parents?

I am 32 and unfortunately, I switched career and became unemployed and I have to move with my mother until I can graduate of my MBA and find something to move on, does that happening to you or you are one of the lucky one's that still successful with this economy?

I made a career switch as a personal choice. Now that I'm backin school, I'm still living at home. I don't think it's a big deal especially if you consider the fact that it's better to safe some money and not having to stress over payments. I say as long as you have a good reaso for it, then so be it.

Some ppl even live a few years a home after they graduate and start work just to pay down their debts or o build up some assets so they can buy a place. I think it also has a lot to do with how your parents are too. If they still crowd you like a teenager, then that's a problem.

I'm 28 (29 in a month) and still at home, for a multitude of reasons (medical for both me and my parents, financial, etc.), but even w/o those reasons, I might still be here because I love them and have no reason to move out yet. If I were to find someone to marry, then yeah, but until then, I'd rather be with my parents before they pass on than away from them.

Some ppl even live a few years a home after they graduate and start work just to pay down their debts or o build up some assets so they can buy a place. I think it also has a lot to do with how your parents are too. If they still crowd you like a teenager, then that's a problem.

Eh, that's the problem here, I don't think my parents have gotten to the teenager stage yet, though I'm going to be 20 this year. I'm trying to decide if I should stay at home and commute to Chicago everyday or get an apartment with my close friends.

28, living on my own. However, it is nice to know that I could stay with my mom if I needed someplace to go.

We'd drive each other nuts after a while, but we spend almost every sunday afternoon together. (Rather, she'd drive me nuts because I like to stay up late and it is hard to move around without making noise)

I moved out the first time in the summer of 2001... dad agreed to help me pay for an apartment.. at first, he paid most of it due to my low income.. but as I got raises and did better at work, he paid less and less until I decided I wanted to return to school full time in the fall of '03.. I finished in December of '05 and moved back in with mom.. I stayed with her during the 8 months it took me to find a job.. I moved out 2 months after I got my job.

22 living with my ma, she doesn't make enough to pay rant and bills by herself atm (thx dad) :angry: , I rather help the family out first. Plus for Asian family its common for adults (18+) to stay with his/her family till they find a partner.

That's perhaps in Australia, in the U.S. usually you became independently after finished college, it is rarely in this country to see someone in the 30's living with the parents. But I agree that sometimes you have financial troubles or accidents that make yourself unable to live by yourself.

You make a good point. In the US the social norm is to individualize and be independent. I hate living with my mom (my sis and her fiance just moved too, both 30s, due to financial trouble) but I'm disabled and can not work now nor am I getting social security benefits at this moment. I have a few friends who still live with their parents so it's normal. I think after we leave college, if we went to college, we tend to look for our own place if we have a stable job. I bet many people have been moving in w/ family members lately due to the economy.

Eh, that's the problem here, I don't think my parents have gotten to the teenager stage yet, though I'm going to be 20 this year. I'm trying to decide if I should stay at home and commute to Chicago everyday or get an apartment with my close friends.

Why not wait a couple years and save the money while you mooch off of mom? :)