Red Alert/WinXP

Does anybody know how to install and play Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Pro SP1? I found my old game disks and I wanted to install them but no dice...

it didnt work...

Any advice would be great help!

Thanks for the Info, and I aint no fool...

no need to flame me, I am only asking a question!!

Besides I got it working, the first time I tried it it didnt wanna work in compatability mode, but I got it working like that this time around...

Whats with the flaming and calling him names for? What ****ing world do you people live in?

-snip-

If no one has done so yet, welcome to Neowin.

:ninja:

Edited by silly_walk

Whats with the flaming and calling him names for? What ****ing world do you people live in?

-snip-

If no one has done so yet, welcome to Neowin.

I was teasing. It's called sarcasm. :rolleyes:

yeah i had a little man with a tounge at the end of my "flame". it was all in good fun,

Yep, take everything @ the Neowin forums with a grain of salt... Or a ton... ;)

I think RA1 is my favorite, the attack dogs were great. I think the games have gone down hill since red alert...i havent even played generals

I think RA1 is my favorite, the attack dogs were great. I think the games have gone down hill since red alert...i havent even played generals

Things have been up and down for the C&C series, actually. RA1 is probably my favorite of all time, however, so if anyone knows how to get the resolution for it up to 1024 x 768 I'd be very appreciative.

Yep, take everything @ the Neowin forums with a grain of salt... Or a ton... ;)

Commonsense plays into it.

simm_isengard had 14 posts to his name at the time, he was obviously new to the forums and all he was asking was some help and you guys called him a fool and poser for NO reason.

No one should have to come here and be called names for any reason, no matter if they been here for 1 day or 10 years.

No such thing as taking Neowin forums with a grain of salt. Comes down to individuals like yourselves pushing people away when all these people wanted and needed some some kind help.

Really, the truth is you two have to grow up and cop it on the chin and start acting a bit more maturely.

There is no excuse to call someone names.

End of matter.

Commonsense plays into it.

simm_isengard had 14 posts to his name at the time, he was obviously new to the forums and all he was asking was some help and you guys called him a fool and poser for NO reason.

No one should have to come here and be called names for any reason, no matter if they been here for 1 day or 10 years.

No such thing as taking Neowin forums with a grain of salt. Comes down to individuals like yourselves pushing people away when all these people wanted and needed some some kind help.

Really, the truth is you two have to grow up and cop it on the chin and start acting a bit more maturely.

There is no excuse to call someone names.

End of matter.

LMFAO! Commonsense is obviously not one of your strong areas, then.

It's called sarcasm. If you can't figure that out, then you need help, bud. I'm not trying to be rude, but neither of us were truely calling him those names, it was called a (say it with me now): J-O-K-E, joke! :rolleyes:

Well just for some nfo, I am not new to Neowin, been hanging around here quite a bit of time, but I just don't like to post.

Thanks for all the great nfo, kids, I appreciate it...