Windows 7 RC build 7100 Download: Warning

Hashes for the clean, untouched x64 iso:

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/24/w...eaks?cid=785080

build: 7100.0.090421-1700

7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso

size: 3,270,828,032 bytes

md5: 98341af35655137966e382c4feaa282d

sha1: fc867fe1ab2e0a9796f9e4d155b44ea6998f4874

Hashes can be easy calculated using the HashTab Explorer plugin. It works fine in any build, including 7100 :cool:

It even gives you a convenient option to compare hashes.

post-276924-1240879349_thumb.png

it's only a few days away, might as well just wait to get it from the real source...

Exactly. Why bother with unofficial when official public release is days away? I won't be wasting my time.

Hashes for the clean, untouched x64 iso:

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/24/w...eaks?cid=785080

build: 7100.0.090421-1700

7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso

size: 3,270,828,032 bytes

md5: 98341af35655137966e382c4feaa282d

sha1: fc867fe1ab2e0a9796f9e4d155b44ea6998f4874

Hashes can be easy calculated using the HashTab Explorer plugin. It works fine in any build, including 7100 :cool:

It even gives you a convenient option to compare hashes.

Yup my x64 iso checks out according to those hashes. :) Thanks Lord Ba'al

Odd.... 7100 must not be the RC according to this logic since I upgraded from 7000 to 7100 just fine and all my hashes match the that of the ones for the original iso.

I believe that the "original" ISO actually had an edited file changing the minimum upgradable version

Stuff like this tarnishes torrents' reputation of efficiently distributing large disc images. Obvious solution is to get the torrent header file from a trusted source (for instance, Canonical's servers if you were to get a copy of Ubuntu), but that won't hold with large corporations like MS.

I did run across this same problem in an earlier leaked build. Lesson learned: check to make sure setup.exe has a digital signature intact before burning or copying to a USB drive.

Torrents are a good source, the problem is the idiots that use the hype as a means of transmitting Viruses. Just goes to show that you need to be really careful with anything you download from illegal sources. However I would agree that with leaked builds there is always the danger they can be tampered with, odd that the X86 edition hasn't been targeted

This should teach you a lesson. Never download anything illegally. You got a week left, you can handle it. Come the 5th, you have the official download and you can know that one will have no problems whatsoever.

Is the 7100 the real RC? If so, better wait for the offical one. Some people can't wait, besides it's only a few hundreds of MB worth of difference from what build your could be still using. I'm still on 7057.

What the specs requirements for a 64bit? I've been downloading 32bit versions, afraid that my much too customized Firefox and Thunderbird might not work under 64bit.

Crap - I have definatley learnt my lesson with this one - I downloaded that hash plugin and my version had different things for the x64 version :(

MD5 Hash was 1C2AE249E6754E33D0FDD6CA07127D7B

SHA1 Hash was 2B3A10785F77E7E6D46B7134E8EE807E9F7337E7

and CRC32 was D84794E3

:( I feel cheated now!

Booting from ISO after a cold restart - that should mean the setup.exe was skipped correct?

Is the 7100 the real RC? If so, better wait for the offical one. Some people can't wait, besides it's only a few hundreds of MB worth of difference from what build your could be still using. I'm still on 7057.

What the specs requirements for a 64bit? I've been downloading 32bit versions, afraid that my much too customized Firefox and Thunderbird might not work under 64bit.

If your problem is bookmarks etc just get XMarks (ex-Foxmarks). Works wonders, makes transitions and re-formatting easy.

On a different note, do you guys think its possible for the official 5th May RC to have newer internal drivers/hardware support? Or it'll definitely be 100% identical to current leaked one?

On a different note, do you guys think its possible for the official 5th May RC to have newer internal drivers/hardware support? Or it'll definitely be 100% identical to current leaked one?

I would hope that come May 5th, the RC released would be a newer build then this one, considering alot of people are complaining about blue screens and minor bugs like the exe one in explorer. If those two were fixed id say 7 is a go for RTM :)

If your problem is bookmarks etc just get XMarks (ex-Foxmarks). Works wonders, makes transitions and re-formatting easy.

Nah I don't use bookmarks very much. I can live without some bookmarks I have now. I have a html file with all the links on it of all sites I visit.

Honestly, I don't think its hard for to find a legit release as long as you don't go a click the first download you see. Always research the comments before you download. But of course, checking the MD5 is the most definite way to be sure before installing.

The golden rule with windows 7 is don't admit downloading it or you will get a warning. Everyone in this thread is incriminating themselves. So I'm going to close this thread.

Thread locked.