Vista SP2 RTM (6002.18005) is out

What's the rush?

Vista SP1 seems to work exceptionally well. As far as I understand it there are no performance improvements in SP2 are there? That would be the one thing to make me download and install it right this second.

As it is, I'm happy to wait.

They haven't released it yet, probably won't be released until sometime in May or June....

most likely late May on Windows Update & at the Microsoft Download center. check out this chinese forum thread:

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/archiver/tid-460731.html

i beg to differ. it will be out very soon.

soon only for MS Technet subscribers. for the casual Vista user, it'll be a little later.

saw this quote from that chinese forum thread from one poster:

Today there were rumors about that supposedly has the second service pack (Service Pack 2) for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.

This is what we can say at this point that is on the state of affairs at 18 o'clock the evening of 22 April 2009.

The first candidate for the final RTM release (Service Pack 2) as we reported previously 6002.18001.090330-1650 assembly, then to "engineering sign-off" on April 8, made a new assembly 6002.18003.090403-1730 but it never took credit rating " vote "because this building was found a serious bug, and immediately after an exchange of views, was collected by a new assembly in which 6002.18004.090408-1820 correct this error:" WinSE Bug 267908: Static IP settings on the host Virtual nics associated with external networks are lost after applying SP2 ".

Once again this April 10, has been collected build a new Service Pack 2 (build number to call will not), which yesterday, ie on 21 April and discussed at the "engineering sign-off", the results will be shortly.

RTM Build Service Pack 2 will be announced by 29 April, and RTW Service Pack 2 will be available only at the end of May - for Wave 0 - English, Spanish, Japanese, German, French.

In any case, we are ready to provide you with the final assembly of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 with SP2 and is integrated with Service Pack 2 as soon as a number of final assembly.

As far as I understand it there are no performance improvements in SP2 are there?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335035.aspx

SP2 contains changes that are focused on addressing specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues, supporting new types of hardware, and adding support for several emerging standards. SP2 also continues to improve upon the IT administration experience. SP2 is not intended to be a vehicle for releasing new features; however, some existing components do gain slightly enhanced functionality in SP2.

What's the rush?

Vista SP1 seems to work exceptionally well. As far as I understand it there are no performance improvements in SP2 are there? That would be the one thing to make me download and install it right this second.

As it is, I'm happy to wait.

You should see how Vista SP2 runs. It's :yes: in my book. Also Office SP2 gave insane boost to outlook for some reason. I am talking about fully loaded OS here.

Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Adobe Photoshop, and some other must have apps.

You should see how Vista SP2 runs. It's :yes: in my book. Also Office SP2 gave insane boost to outlook for some reason. I am talking about fully loaded OS here.

Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Adobe Photoshop, and some other must have apps.

+1

I have a problem with the install.. :(

failk.jpg

I searched google but it did not help me, maybe anyone here has a solution? I'm using Vista Ultimate X64

smi primitive installer failed during setup or servicing. Error 0x8007371c

If it is really legit and RTM/Final, why is it not on Microsoft's download site? Hmmm. Suspect!

Why the rush? I'll wait until it appears on Microsoft download site and/or Windows Update. Just like I did for SP1 and Office 2007 SP1/SP2.

for those who've installed sp2, are there any significant performance enhancements or fps increase in games?

I didn't play any games yet but i can tell you that feels like Windows 7 as far as everything else.

When will the MSDN Vista x64 SP2 integrated iso be on MSDN?

Both 32 and 64-bit ISOs are available (also in the wild) from Technet (and MSDN also?).

So SP2 RTM is on Technet and MSDN then? I wonder why it's not available to download for the public.

It isn't on Technet or MSDN here

Thanks Byron. I didn't think it was.

This may very well be SP2 RTM but it's not SP2 RTM "Official". A big difference in my book.

This may very well be SP2 RTM but it's not SP2 RTM "Official". A big difference in my book.

What do you mean may? It is RTM. Just because it is not available to the public yet does not make it any less certain that build 6002.18005 is the RTM.

It is official, Microsoft have confirmed it with Neowin, information is in the front page article. Annoying that there's no slipstreamed images yet, my system needs a format :laugh: