Mac tool to make (cue/)bin images from CDs?

Note: This is the Mac forum!

I've been searching for a tool that can do this all day (well not really, but for about 20 minutes ;)), in vain. I want something that works like CDRWin or CloneCD for Windows. It should be able to make an image from a CD in bin format and create a cue-sheet for it. It doesn't matter if it's OS X native, runs in the console or in X11.

Hope anyone else has the same needs that I do.. :)

Edited by cerbero

I just use Isobuster usually.. If all you want it for is to create the .cue file then there is no need. Just copy the following into a .txt file and rename it to .cue (replace xx.bin with the filename of the bin if you want, although it usually doesn't matter).

FILE "xx.bin" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

People.. Seriously.. Is it so hard to actually look at what forum you are posting in? :p

Arch: Yeah, but I was thinking for like SVCD's and such, where the chapters are specified by the cue file. Kinda hard to do that manually :)

Edit: Sigh.. IsoBuster is a windows program too...

Don't you guys read? :blink:

Edited by cerbero

cdrdao is a command line application for *BSD that does the job well. It's designed to work with ATAPI CD-RW drives so it should work on OS X but I can't say I've used it myself. The GUI front end is gcdmaster: it uses gtk+ so you'll need gnome installed if you want things to be graphical.

There is a fink package for both cdrdao and gcdmaster, so I guess it works.

cdrdao is a command line application for *BSD that does the job well. It's designed to work with ATAPI CD-RW drives so it should work on OS X but I can't say I've used it myself. The GUI front end is gcdmaster: it uses gtk+ so you'll need gnome installed if you want things to be graphical.

There is a fink package for both cdrdao and gcdmaster, so I guess it works.

Didn't know cdrdao could do that, I've just used it for burning (through MissingMediaBurner). I'll check it out, thanks a lot.

I've been searching for a tool that can do this all day (well not really, but for about 20 minutes ;)), in vain. I want something that works like CDRWin or CloneCD for Windows. It should be able to make an image from a CD in bin format and create a cue-sheet for it. It doesn't matter if it's OS X native, runs in the console or in X11.

I don't know what a cue sheet is but you can create master images of CDs/DVDs with Disk Copy.

I just opened up Diskcopy and dragged it over the window. :D

See below:

post-60-1052090506.jpg

Edited by aristotle-dude

I don't know what a cue sheet is but you can create master images of CDs/DVDs with Disk Copy.

I just opened up Diskcopy and dragged it over the window. :D

See below:

Yeah but that doesn't work great with MODE2/XA cd's (like SVCDs) I think :/

I tried cdrdao but I couldn't get it or gcdmaster to recognize my CD-ROM drive.. Is there anything else I have to do to make it work? I can burn using MissingMediaBurner, which is just a front-end for cdrdao, so I don't really understand why it shouldn't work now :(

Why do you need a .cue? Macintosh doesn't need it. Is this for distributing to PC users? Only way to create a .cue/bin I can think of is to use MissingMPEGTools ( I made it's icon : )...launch it, select the VCDXBuild tab and then select the cue/bin output selection. Hope this helps...or else get VPC and VCDEasy. BTW, I wonder if you've visited this website: http://homepage.mac.com/rnc , you might find it helpful, along with this site http://www.vcdhelp.com -> it has Mac related articles and a Mac users forum.

PS You can burn SVCDs using GNU VCDToolsX/VCDXBuild and then Toast/Other/Multitrack CD-ROM XA

Edited by Dace

Why do you need a .cue? Macintosh doesn't need it. Is this for distributing to PC users? Only way to create a .cue/bin I can think of is to use MissingMPEGTools ( I made it's icon : )...launch it, select the VCDXBuild tab and then select the cue/bin output selection. Hope this helps...or else get VPC and VCDEasy. BTW, I wonder if you've visited this website: http://homepage.mac.com/rnc , you might find it helpful, along with this site http://www.vcdhelp.com -> it has Mac related articles and a Mac users forum.

PS You can burn SVCDs using GNU VCDToolsX/VCDXBuild and then Toast/Other/Multitrack CD-ROM XA

I just downloaded the new version of MissingMediaBurner, and it has the functionality I'm looking for. But I can't use it, since MMB uses cdrdao, and cdrdao doesn't recognize my drive. I've sent a mail to the developer and asked about it. I'll post back here when (if) I've gotten a response :)

Ok, got a reply from the author.. Turns out cdrdao couldn't read the cd because it was already used, by being mounted by the Finder. I just had to insert the disc at the same time as I pushed the "Start" button in MMB, et voila :)

Thanks everyone for your replies though. Except the Windows users who couldn't read ;)

hehehe Since nobody seems to know what your talking about (except me cause I was searchin the other day) let's see if this helps...

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11417

If this works... Your welcome ;)

- Primalgoo :alien:

PS. Does it really matter what Cerebro wants it for ?? He didn't ask for reasons not to get it... I don't know why people post "you don't wanna do this" posts back when you ask how to do something on here... heheh