Span across dual monitors

I got a buddy who is trying to span his display across both of his 22" monitors on windows 7 RC, and we can't figure it out for anything! He has two Geforce 8600 GT's in his machine. Is this possible with the card he has, or even possible in windows 7? If so, could anyone help us out? Thanks in advance!

right click the desktop, click Personalize, under see also in the bottom left corner, click Display, top left click Change Display Settings. There you should be able to click on extend.

I got an 1 8800GT with XP. You should really look in the Nvidia Control Panel. Right click on desktop and you should see the choice. I run 2 monitors on my one card.

Windows 7 reconized both of my displays. Laptop (Nvida 6100 go) @ 1440 x 900 and CRT @ 960x1280. Rotated one display with the Nvida software. The only issue I'm having is the CRT flickers off and then back on whenever I use any program.

Edited by jaelmason

I connect to my laptop to my TV using an S-video cord so I can watch instant Netflix videos but on Windows 7 RC it won't let me extend or duplicate my monitor to it. On Windows 7 beta (7000) it let me extend my the displays to the TV but it didn't let me duplicate the display. On vista it lets me duplicate the display but not extend it and on Windows 7 RC I can't do either.

Works fine on an 8800.. You could try Win + P shortcut and try Extend... works for me and extends my desktop. There is also the Nvidia control panel.

I haven't had any issue extending/mirroring displays. Video driver perhaps?

My gripes are still the wallpaper handling and lack of a way to extend the taskbar across.