PS3 Sixaxis controller drivers for Vista/Win7 64 bit

Recently new drivers have been released for 64 bit Vista and Windoes 7 systems that finally allow the use of the PS3's Sixaxis controller. Not only does the controller work, but the the drivers also support the Sixaxis motion tilt capabilities.

Drivers: http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/show/8

They got tilt working? Wow.

This makes no difference to me as I'm on x86 XP but still, that's nice. I wonder if the six-axis will ever get used for PC games though.

And is there a driver that makes the six-axis work in XP without having to spend 15 minutes trying to get it working yet?

And you would want to use Sixaxis at all because....?

C'mon. No PS3 game review has ever touted Sixaxis as being a major point in the gameplay.

Frankly, they should have just left in DualShock 3 rather than mess around with this Sixaxis nonsense. Just unneeded baggage on an already inflated price.

And you would want to use Sixaxis at all because....?

C'mon. No PS3 game review has ever touted Sixaxis as being a major point in the gameplay.

Frankly, they should have just left in DualShock 3 rather than mess around with this Sixaxis nonsense. Just unneeded baggage on an already inflated price.

flowertitle.jpg

My downloadable GOTY so far, without sixaxis it wouldn't of been the same experience. Gimmicky feature for most retail games, but even if only one or two gems spout from it's existence, that's good enough for me.

There is little point in PC motion sensing however, but if the guy making the drivers can support it, why not?

flowertitle.jpg

My downloadable GOTY so far, without sixaxis it wouldn't of been the same experience. Gimmicky feature for most retail games, but even if only one or two gems spout from it's existence, that's good enough for me.

There is little point in PC motion sensing however, but if the guy making the drivers can support it, why not?

So one or two well utilized games justifies the puffed up price on the controller for you? I'm sorry, not convinced :/

And sure, if it supports PC motion sensing, that's great.

Theoretically, I can put Linux on a toaster. Doesn't make it any more useful or even useful at all.

So one or two well utilized games justifies the puffed up price on the controller for you? I'm sorry, not convinced :/

And sure, if it supports PC motion sensing, that's great.

Theoretically, I can put Linux on a toaster. Doesn't make it any more useful or even useful at all.

Puffed up price?

Controller ain't really any more expensive than the other consoles controllers, and remember it's the only controller out of the 3 to come with a rechargeable battery as standard.

"Puffed up"? It's almost the same price as the Xbox 360 controller! The Wii is the main offender of the three. ?45 for a complete controller (Wiimote + Nunchuk)!

Just curious does this work with just a normal USB cable they include to charge the controllers?

Just curious does this work with just a normal USB cable they include to charge the controllers?

Yes it does. I managed to get it working ages ago through the USB charger cable, but I didn't use it for long.

Yes, it will work with any mini-USB cable.

Seeing as the PS3 one is really short if you have another lying around it might be easier to use it.

Yes, it will work with any mini-USB cable.

Seeing as the PS3 one is really short if you have another lying around it might be easier to use it.

Cool, figured it did work but just wanted to double check...

And for some reason I have way, way more USB cables then I have USB devices. :iiam:

Ha this is sweet, I'll check it out when I get home :D Thanks AB :D

Does this work in x64 Windows 7? Bluetooth or no Bluetooth?

Thread title? :rofl:

Not sure about Bluetooth.

Is there a 32-bit version?

There's been 32bit Sixaxis drivers for months if not over a year.

Not sure what's the best, quite a few guys putting out 32bit drivers. I'll have a look around the web.

I installed the .exe package just fine in Vista 32bit and Vistas GameController Manager picks it up whilst connected through Mini-USB but I get no button response, any ideas?

• 2 months later...
I installed the .exe package just fine in Vista 32bit and Vistas GameController Manager picks it up whilst connected through Mini-USB but I get no button response, any ideas?

You have to press "PS" button to waken PS3 gamecontroller every time.